Notary Rotary
Need updated payment info on NREIS in Pittsburgh
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 6/8/11 12:34pm
Msg #385531

They called for a Friday closing in my home county. Comments in SC were not good. However, search revealed they are trying to catch up with payments. Anyone have anything good to report. I may have to give the signing back. They did meet my fee. Thanks.

Reply by desktopfull on 6/8/11 1:05pm
Msg #385532

If you don't mind financing NREIS an interest free loan for 4 to 6 months then go ahead and take the closing. Personally, I don't have the funds available for floating loans to TC's & SS's.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 6/8/11 1:32pm
Msg #385533

Like Desktopfull stated..Except of course they met your fee..But getting that fee is another issue! I am still owed for 1 closing from March..I learned my lesson..Save yourself some money..turn it back! Just my opinion!

Reply by JandB on 6/8/11 1:43pm
Msg #385534

They are current with us and we work for them quite a bit. I don't like that they take 90 days to pay so they usually don't get prime time slots but they meet my fee and it beats staying home. I don't get paid a dime for setting home. If they go over 90 days, I contact Vendor Maintenance and that usually does the trick. Work is slow. It's early in the month with no competing calls. I would not kick it back.

Reply by TacomaBoy on 6/8/11 4:05pm
Msg #385558

The entire real estate industry is in complete chaos; we‘re all trying to figure out how to earn a living and survive in the long term. I'm not defending NREIS; everyone needs to mull over their decisions to work for slow paying clients. I took a chance and allowed NREIS to get into my knickers for over $2,400 at one point. They’ve paid me current and I still accept work from them from time-to-time. Now, it seems they are slipping into a pattern of low-balling their fees along with other large, name brand businesses. Someone is taking the lowball work in my area. More power to them!

Reply by jba/fl on 6/8/11 4:05pm
Msg #385559

You will finance them for 90 days? wow. n/m

Reply by TacomaBoy on 6/8/11 4:37pm
Msg #385562

You will finance them for 90 days? wow.

NO! NREIS usually pays me within 30 - 45 days. I don't like slow paying clients any more than anyone else! It's just the state of our industry that dictates such business practices as slow paying and/or non-paying A/P. I want to believe outright fraud is an anomaly in our industry. Unfortunately, we SA's are at the bottom of the food chain and everyone is suffering through it as best we can. IMHO: Most businesses are rather frightened about their economic future and embarrassed about the way their A/P is being handled. I'm sure they hope others will be understanding enough to carry them longer than regular business practices dictate.

Being in business is always a roll of the dice! Indeed! Our own government is on the brink of worldwide financial default as a result of the global economic contraction. Things could become very complicated and expensive for everyone in the USA if default is declared by the international financial community. Let's hope the countries financing USA debt will have enough tolerance and forbearance that such a calamity will be averted.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/8/11 7:26pm
Msg #385584

I took a chance with them on 4/9/11 and got paid on 5/31/11 without making any phone calls, sending emails or throwing any fits. This isn't their regular payment cycle, of course, but it was enough that I'd accept a couple here and there. I wouldn't let myself get in too deep with them, though - or anyone else marginal, for that matter.

Reply by LisaWI on 6/9/11 11:49am
Msg #385655

The Comments in Signing Central

are not looking too good and a couple just recently.

This makes me sad, sad, sad, this was one of the first comps I worked with, they paid me a decent fee, as a matter of fact the guy upped my fee when he called to have a phone interview with me. Got along great with all the schedulers and almost never had any issues with the packages.

Id like to see them pull out of this. I would work for them again in a heartbeat, but for right now, I need clients that will guarantee payment and payment in a timely manner.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.