Notary Rotary
No RTC... no help
Notary Discussion History

No RTC... no help
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 6/23/11 5:01pm
Msg #387440

No RTC... no help

So I have a refi this afternoon, and for several hours now...nobody is calling me back. Loan package I received does not have RTC forms.... and there should be some given that it's a refi, and I have to fax them back since the loan is funding today. The list specifically notes the RTC.

I finally got someone at the SS, unrelated to the file, who said it wasn't necessary. Hmmm.

I'm sure confused...lender is PNC. It's a same lender refi, and the borrower is receiving cash. Am I just having a really bad day and missing something?

Its just one of those days, I tell ya.

Reply by Don Courtney on 6/23/11 5:04pm
Msg #387441

Re: RTC requirements

No RTC is required for 2nd homes, investment or commercial properties.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/23/11 5:06pm
Msg #387442

Oh, good grief.... thanks. I feel dumb now. I knew that, I n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/23/11 5:07pm
Msg #387443

Re: Oh, good grief.... thanks. I feel dumb now. I knew that, I

...really did.

See, I can't even post right.

I need a nap.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/23/11 5:07pm
Msg #387444

If loan is funding today then there's no RTC

Maybe someone just didn't revise their faxback list? As was said, second home, investment property, commercial property? Possible they waived RTC way back when?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/23/11 5:09pm
Msg #387445

Re: If loan is funding today then there's no RTC

You're totally right. It's just been one of those days of crazy and the obvious didn't hit me. Oh, well.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/23/11 7:04pm
Msg #387476

I HATE THAT!!! It happens to me too often. Marian,

hon, you are too young for that. You're our smart notary kid, go get some ginko. Smile

Reply by Terrie Gillett on 6/24/11 10:04am
Msg #387533

I had an owner occupied refi recently with no RTC. Caught me off guard too. There was a paper in the stack however that said the loan was a "NON Rescission" loan, and because of that, I had to fax all the key docs to the Title Company before shipping the package back.

Maybe in my next life, all the stuff that happens at Title will make sense... but it sure doesn't now!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.