Notary Rotary
Not a good sign
Notary Discussion History

Not a good sign
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by mtnotary on 6/14/11 11:49pm
Msg #386233

Not a good sign

I got a phone call today from a very good Title company that I have done a lot of work for throughout the years. They asked me if I could do a long distance signing (150 miles round trip) I said sure it would be XXX.XX. They would have normally accepted that price. The scheduler tells me ooh to bad we can no longer pay a travel fee.
I said sorry and to call me back if they couldn't find anyone else to do it. Now up here in Montana Signing Agents are far and few between so I was pretty sure that they would call back.
In the meantime I am thinking if they can't pay a travel fee and they are trying really hard to send everything by UPS or Fedex now to save the print charge are they running into financial hard times? Should I put a cap on what I let them charge? I sure hate to shoot myself in the foot.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/15/11 5:05am
Msg #386245

"In the meantime I am thinking if they can't pay a travel fee and they are trying really hard to send everything by UPS or Fedex now to save the print charge are they running into financial hard times? Should I put a cap on what I let them charge?"

Sounds like a plan to me. I'd sure put a cap on (1) how far I go for NO travel fee (which, IMO, is ludicrous); and (2) how far I let them run a tab - with a good relationship but questions about possible cash flow issues, I wouldn't have more than 3 unpaid invoices outstanding at a time.

Then there's this - they won't pay a travel fee, okay - when can I expect your clients to arrive at my office? How in the world do they expect a "mobile" notary to travel to their borrowers with no travel fee....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.