Notary Rotary
Notary Assurance
Notary Discussion History

Notary Assurance
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 6/22/11 11:35am
Msg #387229

Notary Assurance

I have read on NR about Notary Assurance, but no one comments on the fact that they want $10.95 annually to sign up with them. Are you guys paying that? Can't believe these places want money for no promised work!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/22/11 11:38am
Msg #387230

I have never paid a fee to work with them. They've called me offering closings and I have completed jobs for them - I guess the difference is that I never initiated the sign-up with them and that they called me when they had a job available.

Reply by mwm143 on 6/22/11 11:46am
Msg #387234

A fool and his (her) money are soon parted... n/m

Reply by nunu on 6/22/11 11:53am
Msg #387236

Re: A fool and his (her) money are soon parted...

Notary Assurance is my all time favorite company to work for and I have never paid, nor would I pay, a fee to work for them. They are professional, polite, and they do not micromanage. They pay within 30 days and after hundreds of closings with them, there has never been a problem.

Reply by Roger_OH on 6/22/11 12:39pm
Msg #387243

See Msg 387039 for a great response to these companies! n/m

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 6/22/11 1:16pm
Msg #387253

Re: See Msg 387039 - yeah YOU charge THEM!! n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/22/11 6:15pm
Msg #387328

A different perspective from a ss

I don't remember if someone told me this or if I read it somewhere, but I heard another view from a signing service owner who supposedly has a statement on his website that there would be a charge to get into his data base. He said that he doesn't really charge a fee, but in this slower market, he was getting so many requests from notaries wanting to get into his data base that he put that there to discourage inquiries. He said something to the effect that he had all the notaries he needed, but could always use one of the online directories if he needed someone else somewhere. Made a lot of sense to me! Smile

BTW, since I don't remember where I heard it, I have no idea which company this was, either... This is also something to keep in mind when posters here ask for names of good companies. Do your clients a favor and don't respond. You might save them from an onslaught that just needlessly takes up lots of their time.

This doesn't mean that there aren't any companies out there that ARE looking to expand their data base, but I'd bet that most of them aren't willing to pay what I'd consider a decent fee. Any notary who is serious about their notary business will take the necessary steps so that a potentially good client searching in their area will be able to easily find them (like having a listing here, for starters)! [BTW, this doesn't mean you should stop marketing.]

Reply by Les_CO on 6/23/11 10:07am
Msg #387388

Re: A different perspective from a ss

I don’t buy it. If the guy doesn’t want to bother with entering new notaries into his data base he can just say that on his web site. Something like: “additional notaries not needed”, not PAY HERE to sign up.
Also this business is in a constant state of flux, notaries coming and going, as well as SS’s, Title Companies and Lenders. Many really good experienced NSA are out of the business, others now just part time (after work) some only work in conjunction with their ‘other’ business.
A (good) Signing Service will always need good experienced NSA’s. I know of several that have over 30 thousand notaries in their data bases, and they always like to hear from experienced people. Oh, and by the way they none of them charge a fee to sign up.

Reply by Allison_MI on 6/22/11 5:31pm
Msg #387316

Never will pay!

Reply by MonicaFL on 6/23/11 2:08pm
Msg #387417

My thoughts on these kind of "ads" are: Yes, I will give you $$ for your annual fee, BUT, you must agree in writing to pay me a "retainer fee" of $200.00 a month regardless of whether or not you send me any work and for any work you might send me, the fee MUST be in accordance with MY FEE SCHEDULE. Wonder what they would think about that? LOL!!!!!

Reply by spd on 9/20/12 6:21pm
Msg #435174

I signed up with Notary Assurance a few weeks back and am getting signings at a fair fee. I will see how their payments go. Also, I was never asked for a fee to get into their database either. They call, docs are sent immediately with plenty of time to print and prep. Also, no hand holding and when I called about a document they answered the phone on the first call and answered my question. Maybe they have changed since June?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.