Notarynow
Notary Discussion History

Notarynow
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by FGX/NJ on 6/26/11 3:37pm
Msg #387752

Notarynow

FYI
Notarynow has pulled the plug on their facebook page. Web site is still up.No more FREE notarization but now $14.99
We are waiting for NJ AG to publish their already decided opinion on web notarizations which
will put an end to them.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/26/11 3:41pm
Msg #387753

It was $14.99 back when they first started

their hype - one of our FL girls had it done....

Guess they did a 30-day free promo and it's up. I wish someone would do something to shut them down..

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/26/11 5:09pm
Msg #387757

My question would be..What/How do they answer

the question, is it legal? I really would like to know that.

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/26/11 5:17pm
Msg #387758

Are you so sure NJ will say it is illegal if someone can make a buck guess again.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/26/11 9:54pm
Msg #387777

Just remember that even if they are ruled legit in NJ...

An electronic notarization is no good unless it is accepted via electronic means by the recipient. Otherwise, it appears to be just a copy. That's why I tend to look at their testimonies with a hard eye. Only certain industries are set up to accept E notarizations and those are using in house notaries.

I am of the opinion that if there was a great deal of money to be made right now with electronic notarizations the NNA would not be out of it right now.

I wonder why the fb page was pulled. Too many negative remarks? I did not get involved with it so I have no idea.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/27/11 1:05pm
Msg #387845

I just sent the following message to our AG and...

also sent a copy to Governor Christie's office.

"Why is NJ allowing the NotaryNow.com company to still be defrauding the public? They proclaim the following:

"1st Online Notarization Company-Notarize your documents online in minutes."

This is clearly against all laws in the United States that I am aware of. "Personal Appearance" is not being followed if it's by webcam. Who is to say that a gun isn't being held against the person's head off camera?

It seems to me like the people that run this website are committing fraud. Personally, if I had been led to believe this was legal and the state of NJ did not do whatever necessary to protect me as a citizen, I would think the State of NJ would be held accountable since the company is based here in this state.

There are AG's or SOS's in other states that have already addressed the issue and made it very clear that this is illegal in their state. What is taking NJ so long in protecting the public?

Is Governor Christie aware of this very dangerous procedure being allowed under his administration?

Please reply as to what steps are being taken to protect the public from these predatory actions."

Reply by NJDiva on 6/27/11 3:39pm
Msg #387898

Uh oh...

Looks like I was mistaken. NotaryNow is not located in NJ. Oh well. Maybe our AG will address the issue any way. lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.