Notary Rotary
Official Site
Notary Discussion History

Official Site
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by SusanKR/TX on 6/8/11 10:00pm
Msg #385601

Official Site

Can someone please give me the link to the official site to become a notary public and signing agent?

Reply by Jack/AL on 6/8/11 10:06pm
Msg #385603

Go back to the Notary Rotary homepage and click on the "Notary Public 101" tab............

Reply by SusanKR/TX on 6/8/11 10:19pm
Msg #385606

Thanks

Reply by jba/fl on 6/8/11 10:51pm
Msg #385609

You are one smart man, Jack. I just could not think -

I was flabbergasted.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/8/11 10:50pm
Msg #385608

Before you spend any money, spend some time

reading this forum over the past couple of weeks and also read Msg # 33325.
Best education available--bar none--and it's all absolutely free!

Reply by Cari on 6/9/11 7:16am
Msg #385620

AND do not let ANYONE on this forum discourage you! =) n/m

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 6/9/11 8:04am
Msg #385623

You're right, let's give her false hopes of succeeding in

a profession that is completley oversaturated and many who have a lot of experience have had to find part time jobs.

But I'm the bad guy for giving people a reality check.

Susan, you have the right to know that Texas is way oversaturated with notaries, and many notary signing agents are struggling. I would suggest reading through the last few weeks of threads on this board and see for yourself.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/9/11 8:41am
Msg #385624

I'd refer you directly to the TX SOS for guidance

As for a link? Google...

Lesson #1 - ability to perform your own research for the most basic needs is key to making it in the business world.

As for being a signing agent, I hope you've done your research as far as the business climate in your area is concerned. This is not something you just "jump into" - Although he can't state it conclusively as far as saturation is concerned, Robert is right about many leaving the business, and before you think that makes openings for you..no - they're leaving because there's no work or the pay doesn't support the work involved.

Research carefully...

Reply by 101livescan on 6/9/11 8:47am
Msg #385625

California is losing around 1,000 notaries per month, in monitoring our active notary database with the CA Secretary of State Notary Division online database.

You might want to check if you have such a resource in Texas, and then check how your competition is doing in your area.

If you're not experienced and somehow connected, you will be greatly disappointed in the possibilities of this new venture. It is not a cake walk for most notaries currently, until the housing market recovers which could be years, perhaps a decade, across the country.

Reply by Cari on 6/9/11 9:22am
Msg #385626

101livescan, how did you get this info....very interesting! n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/9/11 10:00am
Msg #385634

Re: 101livescan, how did you get this info....very interesting!

Most likely here http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/notary-online-listing.htm

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/9/11 11:03am
Msg #385646

This is so true... the numbers are dropping, and even those with active commissions are just not working anymore as notaries. Yesterday I got several calls from ServiceLink for appointments that were 2.5-4 hours away! I told them I'd be happy to do it, but they'd have to pay for it big time... none of them panned out. I couldn't believe that they were having that much trouble finding a closer notary.

The scheduler told me that over half of the ones she called have told her that they aren't doing notary work anymore.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/9/11 11:12am
Msg #385648

I'm getting more calls lately from new-to-me companies

leading me to believe they lost their go-to person in my area...one company in particular called me 3 times in 2 weeks and I'd never heard from them before...

One can only hope they realize this soon and the fee offered reflects the situation...Smile

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/9/11 1:46pm
Msg #385693

Re: I'm getting more calls lately from new-to-me companies

Same here...yesterday I got a call from a four star (new to me) who said they had called eight notaries before they got me. I asked them who were they using to contact and they told me, I'm 13th on THAT list.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/9/11 8:21pm
Msg #385733

<<<The scheduler told me that over half of the ones she called have told her that they aren't doing notary work anymore.>>>

I few weeks back, I hadn't received a call to complete a loan signing in many months....had been doing general notary work all that time. Since I was out of the loop for so long, I seriously thought about hanging up my SA hat and only handling general notary work.

Then one of my favorite SS companies called, I handled the signing and realized how much I still enjoy loan signings and decided I wouldn't hang up my SA hat after all. But I seriously considered turning down all future signing offers.

Reply by Cari on 6/10/11 4:09pm
Msg #385816

Marian, that's sort of good news! Hopefully, companies like

SL will start to pay the professional NSA's a decent fee again!

Reply by A S Johnson on 6/9/11 10:36am
Msg #385640

1st, where are you loated in Texas. So that I could direct you to a Notary in your area to help.
Please call me, if you feel I can answer your questions-Sid Johnson 817-613-7002. I'm in Weatherord jsut west of Ft Worth.
Unlike Ca, Tx has some 425,000 Notaries and is gaining in numbers.
You can go to the Tx Sec of State website and find the 1 page Notary Application. The application fee is $21. With your $10,000 four year bond is filled with the Sec of State.
Of course the easy way is to use this website, Notary Rotary, to take care of it for you.
Warning! Will Smith. Warning! Stay away from XYZ Association for doing this.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.