Notary Rotary
Ouch...My wife is closing her refi right now
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Cody on 6/22/11 7:48pm
Msg #387346

painful watching the notary at work here....going to be here for a couple hours and my wife isn't reading anything...oh, and i see she is working for $65 and drove an hour to get here..

Reply by 101livescan on 6/22/11 10:48pm
Msg #387362

Get her name and contact info...is she a member of this board

Reply by Cody on 6/22/11 11:44pm
Msg #387365

nope, not a member here...

Reply by jnew on 6/22/11 10:51pm
Msg #387363

My niece just refied and the notary (who I compete with) was extremely pushy and rude. Basically shut up and sign here. He tried to get them to change the time to accomodate his schedule and when they didn't change the time, arrived thirty minutes early anyway. I told her to call the lender and complain. It burns me up that there are so many unprofessional people out there. It makes us all look bad.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/23/11 12:22am
Msg #387366

I hear you, Cody. I've gotten calls this week from folks

I've signed three and four times over these years who were sent the docs and told to find, and pay for, a Notary. None have agreed to pay my fee out of their pockets, and some are 'banking' on the "Notary at the (not-Lender) bank." I have no idea what the banks charge now... Not long ago, banks began to decline to provide Notarial services outside of bank business - has that changed again?

It's saddening. Good and wonderful people who where well-served, get at best, a 'point-and-sign,' or maybe not even a 'point?

Shrug.

Reply by HARRY_PA on 6/23/11 7:10am
Msg #387374

Re: I hear you, Cody. I've gotten calls this week from folks

Banks in my area do not provide notary services for customers outside of bank business. Many branches do not have an in-house notary and come to be and other notaries. I think this practice is highly dependent on area.

Harry

Reply by Julie/MI on 6/23/11 7:41am
Msg #387375

This is exactly why I'm a mortgage closer that happens to have a notary commission. I'm amazed that home closings conducted by just notaries have lasted as long as they have.

Reply by dickb/wi on 6/23/11 6:15pm
Msg #387459

"I'm amazed that home closings conducted by "just notaries" have lasted as long as they have."

julie what makes u any better than us "just notaries" ???????? i am a real estate broker that "just happens to have a notary commission" that doesn't make me any better closer than a lot of the Notaries Public that i know and a lot of those who post here, who are great loan closers also......

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/23/11 6:25pm
Msg #387464

Dick, I think Julie's referring to notaries public

who have no mortgage or real estate closing background who put themselves out there as loan closers.

At least that's the way I read her post.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/23/11 6:52pm
Msg #387470

Re: Dick, I think Julie's referring to notaries public

Put a headline with my name in it and I just have to investigate....LOL

I read it the same way - as those without any real estate experience and/or financial experience.

You, dick, have tons of experience and, therefore, are exempt from her musings. JMHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.