Pacific Documents Services n/m
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Jessica Nowlin on 6/26/11 10:18am
Msg #387732

Pacific Documents Services n/m

Reply by Jessica Nowlin on 6/26/11 10:25am
Msg #387733

Re: Pacific Documents Services

We completed a debt consolidation loan signing for Paul Gambs on 03/15/2011. We finally received payment 06/24/2011. The $50.00 check for payment, ended up costing us -$74.00. The $50.00 check bounced and our bank charged us 2 $12.00 Fees to reprocess the check. Foolishly we completed another job on 05/28/2011. We are calculating total loss for both jobs. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!

Reply by Jessica Nowlin on 6/26/11 10:47am
Msg #387736

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Generally Inappropriate

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/26/11 10:55am
Msg #387737

Should not be posting borrower info here..JMO n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/26/11 12:08pm
Msg #387740

Re: Should not be posting borrower info here..JMO

I hit the Report button.
Borrowers info should always be private. Most unprofessional posting it on an open forum.
Plus it violates the Financial Privacy Rule in the GLB Act.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/26/11 1:57pm
Msg #387746

Not just your opinion, Linda...

Posting names and loan numbers? OUch...

Reply by HisHughness on 6/26/11 1:12pm
Msg #387744

This just in

Paul Gambs has submitted a request to the California Secretary of State to change the name of Pacific Documents to Pathetic Dogdooky.

Reports are that he was able to find several dozen newbies and "I'll give anyone a try" signing agents by using the new name. That's fortunate for Paul, because he just bought a new Lexus and needs to screw at least 10 NSAs a month out of their fees in order to make the payments.

Next up: Paul buys a boat.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/26/11 2:04pm
Msg #387747

What are you thinking?

First, you don't post signers' names and loan numbers in a public location. Do you have a clue about privacy laws regarding this issue? You've just now told the world that these two people are in major finanical trouble and have provided other identifying information. Are you nuts?

Second, if you know enough about this forum to post here, how could you not be aware that Paul Gambs is one of the all-time legends when it comes to screwing notaries? Right up there with SOX and the R & R Group.

And third, why are you doing $50 debt consolidation signings anyway? For him or anyone else?

Oy vey! You need help.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/26/11 2:36pm
Msg #387748

I know Paul monitors this board...I sort of hope he sees

this and contacts her - if she's posting it here, she's probably posting it everywhere she frequents...

Not good.

Reply by SouthernOK on 6/26/11 8:11pm
Msg #387770

Can she lose her comm over posting this info? n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/27/11 1:37am
Msg #387785

Re: Can she lose her comm over posting this info?

Technically speaking... notarial acts are a mater of public record. I know some people feel otherwise about it because the journal is technically our own property (until our commission lapses and we have to turn it in to the county clerk)... but it's absolutely true. We are public officials and (in CA anyway) have to maintain a full record of our notarial acts. Anyone who requests, in writing, with the proper information, is allowed, by law, to obtain a copy of a journal entry -- even if they weren't involved in the transaction. Let's take deeds of trust, for example. Those are recorded with the county clerk and are a matter of public record. Anyone who knows enough about notary law can contact the notary on a deed of trust (our business address is public record) and make the request.

And, per CA law, we're required to record certain information about people... including the serial number of the ID used.

Think about that for a moment... and this person has posted all the information necessary to obtain a copy of those journal entries. All that must be supplied are the names of the signer, the month and year, and the type of document.

There's nothing in the CA handbook that actually forbids publicizing information about notarial acts.... so I'm not sure that the CA Sec of State would accept a complaint on that alone.

However, if a notary is convicted of a crime, then the SOS would want to know and could (and likely will) suspend or revoke a commission based on that information. Is posting this information a crime by GLBA standards? I have no idea... I think that's way beyond what I want to think about, though I do know that knowingly violating it (and being convicted) can land you in the federal pokey for up to 5 years. It sure is (IMO) morally wrong, though.

It's interesting, because I did a loan package some time ago for an individual that I knew openly tells people that all debt is a bad thing.... I don't want to be more specific than that, but I was completely shocked that I was sitting with him and his wife in his kitchen going over loan paperwork... and on the 1003 it clearly showed his numerous credit accounts and their balances. Yes, I snooped...I couldn't help it since I knew that this person was a very prominent figure in the community who has this well-known anti-debt stance.

Boy... I cannot tell you how badly I wanted to call my Mom and tell him that this guy is a major hypocrite. But you know what? Because of privacy regulations, I can't tell a soul. Of course, my personal opinion of this person is ridiculously low... and it kills me because a lot of people look up to him... and if I could be more specific, you would probably understand. But, it isn't my place...because as far as I'm concerned, his personal financial information is covered since I'm working as a contractor of a company that is held to those standards.

On the other hand, though... one can't forget about public records. Recently, TMZ reported about a rather famous couple that took out a loan with the equity in their home. Clearly, it was done for investment purposes... done all the time. But, because the deed is public record, so is the information of the notary who put his/her seal on it.... and as such, anyone with the know how, would know how to get a copy of the notary journal entry, since state law allows for it, and requires the notary to comply within 15 business days. Can you imagine? Anybody can, by law, then learn about this couples ID information, and have a copy of their thumbprint, etc. (since it's required for a DOT in CA). I'll admit, that's rather scary. Fortunately, most people aren't remotely aware enough to do this.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/26/11 2:37pm
Msg #387749

I'm shocked! A company that has a reputation for non-payment, slow payment, & bouncing checks to others would actually take so long to pay you and do that with a check that bounced. Shocked I tell you!

Not only that, but after taking over 3 months for you receive a check for the first one, you accept another job from him? With that kind of business plan, one might think that you spend your time looking for 1 and 2 star rated companies to sign up with. Even without the reports on the board and SC, why on Earth would you accept another job from someone that took over 3 months to pay you in the first place?

Had you said that you accepted the 2nd job within a week or so of the first, I might have some sympathy for you. But the fact that you accepted the job after waiting 3 months for payment for the first one, you'll get no sympathy from me on any of it.

Good luck in getting paid. At least you have a bounced check that you can present to your local DA to file on him for.

One last thing, I agree with everyone else that you should not have placed the private information regarding the borrowers on this, or any, board.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/26/11 10:39am
Msg #387734

Too bad you didn't check them out before you got stuck..

I can't believe this guy/company is still in business, still bouncing checks and getting away with it....absolutely mindboggling.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/26/11 11:15am
Msg #387738

It starts with, "Thank you NotRot!....

Makes you think some don't read the post here. You would think with all the recent post about people thanking NR for S/C comments section helping them to avoid non/no payment issues, this wouldn't still be happening. In fact, to post about Pacific Documents tells me you've NEVER read S/C. imo

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/26/11 6:19pm
Msg #387767

http://activerain.com/nowlinjr002 n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/26/11 7:11pm
Msg #387768

NOW that's funny! Thanks Linda n/m

Reply by notary365MI on 6/26/11 8:04pm
Msg #387769

Borrowers' Info in Message Reported to NotRot

Completely unacceptable!

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/26/11 8:23pm
Msg #387771

If you were addressing me I was referring to

Linda "J" S activerain discovery

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/26/11 8:35pm
Msg #387773

James, I don't think it was for you. It was for op n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/27/11 2:17am
Msg #387789

Hope not, maybe you're right, it's just attached to my post. n/m

Reply by Rocky Mountain Mobile Notaries on 7/12/11 9:55am
Msg #389443

I have been waiting over two months to be paid. First it was the check is in the mail, next it was I'll stop payment on the first check and send you another, then that check bounced. Still trying to get paid, wish me luck.
I've added Paul to my list.

Reply by GAMMYx3/MA on 7/12/11 12:30pm
Msg #389464

I have 5 assignments going back to MARCH, April and May...I have worked with him previously and never had a problem....now all of a sudden, no response to emails and I KNOW he read it because my outlook told me he did. Checks were to be released several times and as much as I have worked with him in the past with no issues, this is enough. So Paul if your reading this, I expect my check in my hands by the end of next week, or I will be contacting my attorney to follow up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.