Notary Rotary
Pricing?
Notary Discussion History

Pricing?
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by victoria meissner on 6/15/11 9:16am
Msg #386273

Pricing?

I received a phone call from an Agency, telling me that my fee will not get me calls and if anything it would probably get me thrown out of their system. At $55 dollars(includes edocs) or in my area they will give me $70 flat fee,I said it's okay, feel free to Toss me. I was told, that the more experienced, old time notaries are accepting these prices without a problem. Funny because I read often, how we should stick together and not accept these lowball fees. I also have read how it is the newbies who accept these fees and make it bad for the rest of us. I am not foolish, I am aware that this agency might not be telling me the total truth,but it does make you stop and think.All due respect, I told her, I understand the economy is bad, however, prices for my expenses are high, and I sure am not going to go out and close a deal for your company for free. I am willing to negotiate my fees some because of the way things are, but no way am I going to do a closing for nothing. Consider me tossed if need be.

Reply by Larry/IL on 6/15/11 9:18am
Msg #386274

Company name? n/m

Reply by topflyt on 6/15/11 9:27am
Msg #386275

I, too, try to maintain my fees. Just accepted a seller pkg. for $50.00...2 miles away, 21 pges, no printing...seller will meet me at a restaurant (of their choice) and buy me lunch! Just couldn't pass it up!

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/15/11 9:34am
Msg #386279

Ok, something like that, I see nothing wrong with.. But come on now, these agencies, and the title companies hiding behind these agency names, need be fair or get what they pay for. The ones accepting these lowball fees, will in time find out they are not only screwing it up for other notaries and making it harder to try and make a fair living at this type of job, but most importantly, they will come to see they have worked for nothing. ;o)

Reply by 101livescan on 6/15/11 9:45am
Msg #386287

Smells like, sounds like BS...what BS, forgive the pun!

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/15/11 9:35am
Msg #386280

I just got $100 last week for the same thing... o/n docs, but no lunch.

Reply by CF on 6/15/11 9:35am
Msg #386282

Good for you! Those fees are insulting!!! n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/15/11 9:33am
Msg #386278

I seriously doubt that any 'oldie' would do something this stupid. However, I am confused by this: At $55 dollars(includes edocs) or in my area they will give me $70 flat fee. Are they trying to get edocs @ $55 or $70--which? Either is way too low.

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/15/11 9:35am
Msg #386281

Going rate is $55 which includes e-docs, for most counties. I was 1 of the luckier ones, she said my area they were willing to give me $70 flat fee which includes everything. ;o)

Reply by 101livescan on 6/15/11 9:43am
Msg #386286

Now is the time to develop normal, straight notary work. I had two such assignments yesterday, $50 each, overnight packages, no loan document drama, straight forward. Five minutes in and out.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/15/11 10:11am
Msg #386298

Not lucky at all, IMO

They may actually be offering $75 and trying to get you to accept $70. They are lying to you about others in your area accepting the $55 offer. Bottom line, if they were why are they calling you and offering the lowball fee of $70? Borrowers are still being charged $150-$600+ for your services.

Your prices are your prices and you have to do what is best for you. My normal price for a local e-doc loan signing START at $125-$200 (yes, that is a starting range), depending on the details of the assignment.

$70 is a lowball fee, IMO. You should really check out the company. They may be a 1-2 star rated company that you wouldn't want to even answer the phone for let alone worry about "losing" any assignments by not accepting the lowball offer.

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/15/11 11:10am
Msg #386309

Re: Not lucky at all, IMO

Ok Moneyman, if you would message me I would get back to you. It is not allowing me to message you first, not sure why. I will tell you the Co. name

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/15/11 11:14am
Msg #386311

Just sent you a PM. :-) n/m

Reply by parkerc/ME on 6/15/11 9:39am
Msg #386284

" I was told, that the more experienced, old time notaries are accepting these prices without a problem."

What line! Sure, they are trying to get you to accept their lower fees with that fable. No, the "old time notaries" here are NOT accepting these prices. Our knowledge and experience are valued at more than that. The good SS and TC's will meet your fees. I have not lowered mine (in fact, I increased mine the first of the year when gas skyrocketed) and have not lost my valuable clients.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 6/15/11 9:41am
Msg #386285

Sorry. . "What A line!" (need that other cup of coffee!) n/m

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/15/11 9:46am
Msg #386289

Good going Parker.. I knew she was lying, as so many of the other ones do. I will hold my ground period. I'd rather go clean toilets for 10 bucks an hour, then give in to these disgraceful fees they are trying to force our hands on.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/15/11 9:55am
Msg #386291

They are buying your services

Buyers are Liars! Commonly known.

You are right - most of us would rather stay home with our families, clean house, etc., than lose money.

Reply by A S Johnson on 6/15/11 9:59am
Msg #386294

At $55 including e-docs, using my business plan for a local signing in my city (not more than 5 miles), I would be making $4.38 an hour. And I'm in Weatherford, Texas less than 30,000, 9 square miles..
At lease a $10 an hour job would give you a income you know will be comming in on a regular basis.

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/15/11 10:08am
Msg #386296

lol wondering ,if we broke it down that way to the Signing agencies, at $4.00+ and hour, wouldn't they be breaking some kind of law? lol I might do that next lowball call. I will let you all know their response. Sorry, i found humor out of this last comment lol

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/15/11 10:19am
Msg #386299

Only if we were employees. We are independent contractors. We set our own fees (like the A/C and plumber) and we decide who we accept or decline work from.

Victoria -- did you mention the company that called you? I know someone asked but I may have missed it if you did. Thanks. Smile

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/15/11 11:08am
Msg #386308

I will message you Moneyman. I didn't want to be the one to put their name in here, because i know this place has eyes. lol I know youare right as far as my last comment. I was just funning around. Even as an Independent contractor, we still have to choose what is right for us, and so I hold my ground.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.