Notary Rotary
Re: ink or new stamp
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Gloria Delfin on 6/3/11 12:57pm
Msg #385073

what type of ink do I buy for my stamp or do I have to get a new stamp, in California I beleive we can only use black ink, not sure where the ink goes in the stamp. any suggestions, thanks

Reply by jfs/IL on 6/3/11 1:01pm
Msg #385074

Gloria....where did you purchase the stamp?
Usually that very same vendor will have the ink specific for your stamp.
Check your stamp name and look in the Notary Rotary store!!

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 6/3/11 1:02pm
Msg #385075

Where did you hear that your stamp has to have black ink? In California, your stamp can be any ink color as long as it is photographically reproducible. Each stamp is different, so no one here can tell you how to refill it if you don't know what type of stamp you have. If you can't figure it out, it may be less hassle to just buy a new stamp, which you can purchase here at Notary Rotary.

Reply by Calnotary on 6/3/11 1:11pm
Msg #385076

Good one Robert

"If you can't figure it out, it may be less hassle to just buy a new stamp, which you can purchase here at Notary Rotary."

In CA you will need a new letter from the CA SOS to order a new stamp. Notary Rotary need the original letter before shipping you the new stamp.

Reply by rengel/CA on 6/3/11 1:56pm
Msg #385084

Again - please be careful when

supplying responses to someone in another state than yours. Each state has different laws and your answer can be completely and totally wrong. Yes, even you Robert. In California you must get a new, original stamp authorization from the Secretary of State in order to purchase a notary stamp - you can't just, "go out and buy another stamp" so easily.

And to those reading answers from someone in a different that than yours, be wary of what they tell you - they could be completely and totally wrong.

The notary authority in California is the Secretary of State. Not other notaries in other states, and definitely NOT the NNA.

My .02

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/4/11 2:37am
Msg #385147

A big Amen - on every point!!!! n/m

Reply by Kendall Challenger on 6/3/11 1:17pm
Msg #385078

Pretty silly to buy a new stamp when all you need is ink. Go to a print shop that sells stamps and ink and ask them to help you refill it. Watch how he does it so you will so you will know how to do it the next time.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/3/11 1:29pm
Msg #385079

I bought a bottle of "stamp ink" at my local office supply store. $6

Reply by Belinda/CA on 6/3/11 1:57pm
Msg #385085

I believe the ink in notary stamps is thicker than normal ink. Ever notice you have to hold it down longer than other stamps? It is because the ink is thicker. It also is not supposed to smear. This is the main reason we have to use a laser printer - the ink is not supposed to smear. So, I believe you can not use just any ink.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/4/11 2:41am
Msg #385148

I believe you're right. Also, it's my understanding that different stamps are designed for different inks, so it's a good idea to make sure they are compatible.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/3/11 3:13pm
Msg #385094

While we're on that subject, I have a Trodot stamp that I

purchased here on NR, as well as ink. It's a breeze to re-ink, because it has a pad that pops out, re-ink & pop back in. It couldn't be simpler & no mess.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/4/11 8:37am
Msg #385158

Google: how to refill 'brand' stamp n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/4/11 10:17am
Msg #385162

Lee, back off with the Google talk, already.

He he he...at work some of my co-workers think that I am such a wealth of knowledge. I have a secret weapon. I keep our website book marked. If I can't find it there, I GOOGLE IT. So do two other co-workers, the most productive. Make your own source book for everything in the world.

I am working on brain surgery. I believe I have googled enough so that I can do it on my own now. Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.