Notary Rotary
Really Sad
Notary Discussion History

Really Sad
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by OU_Stoops on 6/9/11 12:35pm
Msg #385664

Really Sad

I read the posts everyday and do not post much. Why are a lot of people here so nasty and think their #$$# dont stink. I know the market is down and its tough times. I think this industry could do a lot better if everyone spent more time working together rather than against each other. Being nasty to each other is not going to change or help improve the industry! Change is needed but if everyone just sits around here and blasts one another nothing is going to happen. Its time we start blasting on the right people and being proactive rather than sit around and @#$534 about one another and who is better!

Reply by walthtz on 6/9/11 12:46pm
Msg #385669

You are so Right!
Well said.

Reply by nobhill on 6/9/11 12:51pm
Msg #385670

I totally concur with you, there are some vicious posters on this board for a while. Some are even predatory. Thankfully, there are also some very nice helpful people. It's best to ignore the sour pusses. It's shocking how unprofessional a few can be.

Generally one begins to notice a pattern there are many rude people behind keyboards who are simply venting who otherwise would not say it to your face. It's not just here but everywhere unfortunately.

Reply by Larry/IL on 6/9/11 1:03pm
Msg #385676

The negative, critical and unprofessional posters cut themselves out of a bunch of work. I know of at least Three title companies that watch this board and I have been told they screen who they might call according their attitude. I go into one title company quite a bit, they have a do not list from the postings on this site and a few others.

Reply by laurel/nc on 6/9/11 1:09pm
Msg #385677

It's why I rarely post.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 6/9/11 1:09pm
Msg #385678

I'm not surprised Larry. n/m

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 6/9/11 1:14pm
Msg #385680

Good for them, a real smart thing to do.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 6/9/11 1:14pm
Msg #385679

Yup I'm with you now I just read and I don't post.

Reply by walthtz on 6/9/11 2:04pm
Msg #385694

The other item about why people should not be NASTY in this forum that we sometimes forget:
Not only do Notaries post here, but signing companies & title companies do as well & they also read the stuff that goes on here.
And they are the ones that hire us.
So if we are nasty here, they won't hire us for fear that we would be nasty to their customers.

Walt

Reply by OU_Stoops on 6/9/11 1:43pm
Msg #385692

Its usually when there is a post from a new notary wanting to get started in the business. I dont have any issues with new notaries. Although I dont think now is the best time to get in this bizz with the market. It does not mean with the right attitude and model you can not succeed. My issues are with these dead beat notaries and so called SS that are offering rates to the TC that are too good to be true. In return they are making a profit at the expense of the notary by offering these low ball rates. This is the major problem with the industry.Not only does it hurt the notaries but it makes it hard for the good SS to compete and stay in business. They have no choice but to lower their rates or get out of the bizz.

Reply by CF on 6/9/11 2:24pm
Msg #385696

What is sad is that people come on here w/no business

experience or even common sense to do THEIR own research to start THEIR own business. I did not even join this board until I had been in business for 3 years.

People hear about this and think that they can make $50.00+ per hour and that sounds a hell of a lot better than $12.00 per hour they are making now. Hence, part of the big picture problem that continues to degrade the profession.

You know all the people that say "do a notary".....generally it is illegal to accept money for those types of services!!!!!

Save it for the "my head is in the clouds dancing around with unicorns" board!!!!

Reply by HisHughness on 6/9/11 3:10pm
Msg #385700

This sorely needed to be said in this thread

***What is sad is that people come on here w/no business experience or even common sense to do THEIR own research to start THEIR own business.***

Thany you, thank you, thank you. It is absurd that people come to this forum seeking the most fundamental information about the profession. I thought I had seen it all till this week, when one poster actually asked how to <become> a notary public.

Reply by OU_Stoops on 6/9/11 3:26pm
Msg #385701

Re: This sorely needed to be said in this thread

Notary Rage!!!! Life is so much easier if you let the small stuff slide. I will sit back and enjoy the show for now. Good luck to all the newbies. Dont ask the wrong question because you will be put in your place. Notary professional is A/K/A for Notary A##&*%^! Remember this is the notary world and not the real world. Being a professional does not mean you have to act like one!

Reply by desktopfull on 6/9/11 4:56pm
Msg #385710

Talk about the pot calling the kettle.

You come online and post about civility and then proceed to post this bilge. What a hypocrate!

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/9/11 4:16pm
Msg #385705

Re: This sorely needed to be said in this thread

That's very true. I think that a lot of people jump in to this business without knowing the very basics of running a business. You simply cannot do well in this industry if you don't understand business management.

Too many come from it from an employee perspective.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/9/11 6:56pm
Msg #385723

Exactly why I keep referring newbies to the SBA (Small

Business Administration) for great info about starting-up a very small business.

Classes at Community Colleges for basic entrepreneur A-B-Cs are abundant, along with life here in NotaryLand with its vast, but sometimes difficult to search capabilities.

Some forums have more sectrionalized topics for posts, geared to the needs of the reading public interested in a basic topic.

NR could add, for instance, a techie room for those kinds of questions. General Discussion room; Starting Your Business room; Collections/Receivables room, etc. It would take a big change of format and all kinds of techie stuff I have no clue about, not to mention the whole thing of databasing (?) the wealth of invaluable info hidden in the depths of posts over the years without a different search thing would be huge. Just my not-so-humble opinion.

As to the sadness, unfortunately, there is a pall cast upon our beloved Notary Rotary by the personal attacking, bullying, petty bickering, cliques, and too often downright vitriol, that severely lessens the potential for a more inclusive, more informational, and generally more pleasant place to visit/hang out.

One of the things I really miss is Sylvia's morning song. Every day, early, she'd post a music video, from all across the musical spectrum, to start the day - and to me, that's just a fabulous way to start the workday. The "Room Police" got it booted. That was sad, too.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/9/11 7:33pm
Msg #385726

Re: Exactly why I keep referring newbies to the SBA (Small

"One of the things I really miss is Sylvia's morning song. Every day, early, she'd post a music video, from all across the musical spectrum, to start the day - and to me, that's just a fabulous way to start the workday. The "Room Police" got it booted. That was sad, too."

Thank you SusieSmile

Actually the "Room Police" didn't get it booted. I had to stop when I went on a cruise and when I came back there was a lot going on health wise that posting the morning song kind of got sidetracked. No-one seemed to miss it though.

I would happily resurrect it

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/9/11 7:40pm
Msg #385728

(stuffing ballot box) YES PLEASE DO! Oh goody, oh boy!

I railed loudly against opposing views, but that was then, and if you would resurrect?

You go, girl!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/9/11 7:41pm
Msg #385729

Re: (stuffing ballot box) YES PLEASE DO! Oh goody, oh boy!

Now Susie
Stuffing ballot boxes isn't allowed LOL

Opposing views are in JPSmile

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/9/11 8:38pm
Msg #385737

YES PLEASE DO! Oh goody, oh boy! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/9/11 8:03pm
Msg #385731

Really Sad, here are some things to think about.

It looked a pretty mild day to me.

What part was nasty? The part directed toward Robert? That gets nasty sometimes, but I think that Robert knows when he posts certain things come h3ll or high water, certain people (sometimes many people) respond negatively. So, that seems to be his choice. I am sure he knows the same thing that I do, and that is that I cannot change other people, I can only change me. I don't think he expects it to change.

The part that says that told new folks that they needed to get more information on business fundamentals? Those are true remarks.

Re-visiting SusanRK/TX's post about where one must go to sign up for a notary commission: She never said she was going to get in business, I think that people took that and ran away with it. Even Robert. For all we know, SusanRK/TX may need to get a commission for her job. We just know that she has indicated that she wants one.

By the way, the official link to that is http://www.sos.state.tx.us/statdoc/notary-public.shtml, but I have gotten mine through an agency online for years that now does e-filing for commissions and it is very fast. NotaryRotary is a fine place to get commissioned, too. Used to be that you got your notary app and took it to a local insurance company and they did the rest. However, those are very small bonds and many companies do not do them anymore. She can google texas notary and she'll probably find a Texas agency that will do it for her through e-filing if she is interested. I will not post a link because it is like posting Burger King flyers at MacDonald's.

You sound angry to me and you used cursing marks. I feel that can be considered negative and not better, maybe worse than those being criticized.

This is not my forum, your forum, Robert's forum, or "those nasty peoples'" forum. It's Harry's. If he wants it to stop, then it will. But, so far, this forum in its current state has been more successful than any site that I know of.

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/9/11 8:48pm
Msg #385738

Re: Really Sad, here are some things to think about.

Amen, Brenda. Now, Sylvia, please, bring on the music. I would love to listen.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.