Notary Rotary
Revenge of the Stiff
Notary Discussion History

Revenge of the Stiff
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by jnew on 6/27/11 5:42pm
Msg #387932

Revenge of the Stiff

Actually another name for lowballer. I get a call from last week monday from your favorite LBSS (lowball signing service) for a trip outside my service area for 6pm friday, 60 for closing and edocs, no faxback (as if they ever pay for faxbacks). Sorry can't do it. Okay how much do you want. XXX. We will see if we can get it approved. No approval call received. I don't even show it as a possibility on my schedule. 3 calls on friday night at 615 PM pleading, fell through we need you. Can't do it booked solid Friday night and Saturday morning AM and PM. Today I get a call from same person as last week to see if I could go to the same location on Tuesday night. I say what does it pay. 60 dollars for closing and edocs, no faxback. No other offer from me this time. I just said no. I can't believe it. They just don't get it.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 6/27/11 6:43pm
Msg #387945

You are quite right. They don't get it! And, they most certainly do not value the professional service we provide.

I've only done three signings this year. I've gotten plenty of calls but I will NOT take a signing unless it pays at least as much as I was charging 5 years ago. Most don't even pay what I was charging in 2003. I refuse to work my way down the ladder of success. I've pretty much moved on from the signing biz. Sad, too, because I'm good at what I do and I liked doing it.

Reply by HisHughness on 6/27/11 7:17pm
Msg #387952

Hmmmmmmm..........

Reply by cadmonkey/CA on 6/27/11 8:15pm
Msg #387957

It's probably LoanClosers.com! n/m

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/27/11 9:23pm
Msg #387964

Or could it be Pacific Documents Closing of LA

Same thing, almost exactly, happened to me, except they put me on hold the third time they called to check if they could pay my fee, and left me hanging, never came back on the line!

Reply by Sha/CA on 6/27/11 9:25pm
Msg #387966

Re: Or could it be Pacific Documents Closing of LA

Oops. Meant to say Pacific Document Signing Inc of LA. You'd think with three stars would be a little more professional than that!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/27/11 10:15pm
Msg #387977

Did they read this board & get that idea from Hugh?!! :) jk n/m

Reply by laurel/nc on 6/28/11 6:31am
Msg #387986

Re: Or could it be Pacific Documents Closing of LA

Maybe we should say, when offered $60.00, "hold on let me check with my accountant" and not come back on the line. Leave them hanging. Do these people not know we are their arms and legs?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.