Notary Rotary
Same signing from two different SS's?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by SouthernOK on 6/23/11 2:30pm
Msg #387418

Has anyone had the same signing "offer" come from two SS's?

How do you tell SS#1 that SS#2 has offered you more for what appears to be the same signing?

Has this happened to any NR's and is this common? What would you do?

Reply by Roger_OH on 6/23/11 3:10pm
Msg #387424

It's not at all uncommon. Just graciously tell the first SS you need to cancel due to your schedule, but first, do make sure you have the second one in hand.

It happens all the time that SS cancel us for cheaper notaries; no reason you can't cancel an SS for a better-paying one, especially for the same assignment.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/23/11 3:58pm
Msg #387432

There is also the possiblity that it is 2 different loans...take them both, make sure not the same. Also, what if one is Jr. and the other Sr.? 2 different properties?

If all one and the same, beg off on the one you think is not to your best advantage.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/23/11 4:06pm
Msg #387433

Maybe not

I've had 2 SS, 2 TC, 2 Lenders, same day, time, B. He intended to 'look over' both loans and go with the best--and he did. Just be sure you'll get paid for a no sign. Oh, and they each knew about the other.

Reply by SouthernOK on 6/23/11 4:42pm
Msg #387437

Re: Maybe not

I'm almost 100% that it was the same job. The cheaper SS emailed with a reply from my "price quoted" that the job had been cancelled.

I so badly wanted to tell them that the other SS landed the job because they paid the notary a fair fee.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/23/11 6:53pm
Msg #387471

Discretion is the better part of valor, it has been said. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.