Notary Rotary
ServiceLink payments
Notary Discussion History

ServiceLink payments
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by BrotherOwner on 6/25/11 1:39pm
Msg #387679

ServiceLink payments

Monthly invoices, PROPERLY SUBMITTED, receiving partial payments. Still an ongoing problem. How widespread is this still?

Reply by jba/fl on 6/25/11 1:53pm
Msg #387681

Do you suppose there is some writing on the wall?

Do you want to attempt to interpret that?
Do you think this happens to "the other person?" or just you?

I have never worked for them, I'm very impartial here and just wondering aloud. I have seen posts like these in the past with other companies and the results are mostly the same. If I were working for them and saw posts such as these, I would be doing some adjustments to protect myself.

Another disclaimer: I am not paranoid, but am pragmatic.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/25/11 2:00pm
Msg #387683

ROFLMAO total agree Jba

Just give me the work, let me do it, then pay me...I AM a professional, period. They are obviously addressing someone else, not me. The more bricks, the higher the wall!

Reply by pat/WA on 6/25/11 3:10pm
Msg #387688

Service link

I find them great to work for and very punctual with payment

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/25/11 6:16pm
Msg #387702

Re: Service link

As I said in the past, check and see how many notaries are in your immediate area. It is relative.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 6/25/11 3:21pm
Msg #387691

Re: Do ATT JBA

If you've never worked for them, you're not contributing much here are you? I'm not a newbie here, I m a seasoned Notary here who doesn't work for lowballers,etc. My fees are my fees. For your edification, ServiceLink used to be one of the better companies, with good pay, few hassles,
before suffering some of the ongoing ills of the industry. My attempt at a new thread was to try and keep previously started discussions about this subject at top of mind. The only part of you comments that might be true? Is this writing on the wall? It's apparently going on for months. Maybe 6? What say the masses?

Reply by jba/fl on 6/25/11 3:46pm
Msg #387694

What is ATT? I really don't understand.

I think that my contribution might be that I am not standing in the forest with you and can see the trees more clearly. I am not attacking you in any manner, nor am I questioning you, your motives, who you work for and how your work is going.

I also understand that SL used to be a good paying company. So did EFS, Lender's First Choice, NREIS and others too numerous to mention. Like you, I did not show up yesterday either, never came here announcing "I'm new, what do I do" either. I came with a strong accounting legal background in RE with many, many years of having my own businesses.

I'm sorry I attempted to give perspective and possibly trigger some insight. I will butt out as you appear to be another jumping on the "Bash Julianne" train. Can we agree to forget I was here today?

signed: owner of 6 Brothers

Reply by HisHughness on 6/25/11 5:47pm
Msg #387701

Re: What is ATT? I really don't understand.

***I will butt out as you appear to be another jumping on the "Bash Julianne" train.***

I never got my ticket to ride. The line was way too long. Will there be another departure anytime soon?

Reply by Randy Pena on 6/25/11 3:14pm
Msg #387689

I have done work for ServiceLink too. They are a hassle to pay. They want invoices at the end of the month and then they pay whatever they want. I don't need the hassle. I decided to work for companies that pay on time with less hassle. I used to send them copies of the confirmation, along with a copy of the Faxed Completion Report, and a copy of the Shipping label for each assignment that I was billing them for. Then I would get a check for some of the assignments. What's up with that!? If i did 8 assignments for them in the month of February, why are they only paying me for 4, and then the following month I send them another bill for March and the unpaid assignments for February, only to get paid for March and to get paid for 2 more for February. It is frustrating.

Reply by BestFlCloser on 6/25/11 3:17pm
Msg #387690

You have to close out each assignment on their web site and it will accept the closing confirmation and advise the payment. I do a bunch of work for them, and all of my fees are paid without a hassle. Remember, close out on their web site and send out the invoice to them with your supporting invoices and copies of the FedEx/UPS labels and you won't have a problem.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/26/11 11:45am
Msg #387739

Oddly enough... I've NEVER closed out an assignment through them on their website... all of the ones I do are handled with a fax or email. In fact, several times I've been told to NOT even bother with their website.

I've only had one billing issue with ServiceLink, and it was because there was a cross in communication between the lender and SL - the circumstances were weird on that one, and I actually had a feeling there would be a mix-up. It was fixed and I was paid for it the next month, no problem.

It's weird how so many people are noting issues with SL. I've not had any myself --- no drop in fees, billing problems, nothing. The only real change that I've seen is that they are calling me more and more for jobs 1.5-2 hours away -- which I find hilarious.

Reply by Joannie on 6/26/11 4:53pm
Msg #387756

I find it unprofessional of SL to require jumping through hoops just to get paid. I told them that I have to charge them and estra $25 just to comply with their invoicing requirements.

I also charge a "optional" late fee of $25.00. The optional part is that if they don't want to pay the late fee they better pay on time. If they don't pay on time they chose the other option of adding a late fee.

I've never paid a bill late that I didn't have to pay a late fee on. Why should they be any different.

And, why the hell should we have to send them and invoice with all kinds of attachments anyway. They are the one's who picked up the phone and hired us. It's just not industry standard. And, it's BS.

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 6/26/11 1:02pm
Msg #387743

They tell you not to close out BOA loans on their website. You have to fax in one of the instruction pages with info and tracking number. You do put in on your monthly invoice also.

Reply by BossLadyMD on 6/25/11 5:14pm
Msg #387697

I, too, have never had any payment issues with ServiceLink

My payments have been in full & timely for years.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 6/25/11 5:23pm
Msg #387698

Re: I, too, have never had any payment issues with ServiceLink

Mine too, every once in a while I'll have to email Trudy but I've always been paid in full and my fee. I don't reduce my fees for anyone.

Reply by GWest on 6/25/11 5:28pm
Msg #387699

I was only shorted one time and that was due to the incorrect amount on the Initial Confirmation. I received a new confirmation, but somehow it was not changed in the system correctly. When my check was shorted, I forwarded a copy of the Confirmation and the shortage amount was included in the next months payment. The closings I accept from SL are never lowball, but that may be due to the fact that I am in a rural area, and there are not many SA's here. Payment is usually received by the 20th of the month.

Possibly, are you including ServiceLink, formerly ATM closings on the monthly invoide? They are not to be included but just closed out on their website and payment will be received within a couple of weeks.

Reply by laurel/nc on 6/25/11 6:49pm
Msg #387706

I love working for SL, they have never questioned my fee and have paid me on time. I will work for them any day, any time.

Reply by doofus on 6/25/11 8:25pm
Msg #387709

so far, perfect for years.

Reply by CF on 6/26/11 6:43am
Msg #387720

This is a long standing tactic of theirs. I no longer work

for them; they "fired"me after telling me that I had to complete an illegal notarization w/o ID to back it up for a person that only has been know as their maiden name. Obviously, I refused and was "fired".

As far as I remember, they were pulling this on me for about the past 2years. It would seem that if the invoice had over 3-5 jobs they would not pay on some. I would have to call and they would say that the order # in their system had notes and they would check it out and get it released for payment. Most of the time it would be that I was confirmed for overnight and then received edocs.

With their recent drop in fees.....I would say the writing is on the wall. JMHO

Reply by BossLadyMD on 6/27/11 1:16pm
Msg #387848

My fee hasnt dropped & I'd love to hear their side of your

story. JMHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.