Notary Rotary
Servicelink-just say "no".
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by aanotary on 6/21/11 1:45pm
Msg #387109

I said NO to their new low , no edoc fee compensation signings. They just called me for a signing and are paying my usual, acceptable fee. So hang in there!

Reply by Peggy Taylor on 6/21/11 1:50pm
Msg #387111

May I ask what your usual acceptable fee is? I want to make sure I am not accepting any "low ball" fees from companies and want to ask what the going rate is these days. I know I probably won't be seeing $125.00 anymore, but not sure what I should be setting my rate at in these crazy times. Thank you.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/21/11 2:48pm
Msg #387130

Nope...

"I probably won't be seeing $125.00 anymore, but not sure what I should be setting my rate at in these crazy times."

That is ABSOLUTELY not true.

Reply by mwm143 on 6/21/11 2:56pm
Msg #387133

Agree...not true n/m

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/22/11 8:38pm
Msg #387354

Nope...Not true, still getting $125 from SS Co's regularly n/m

Reply by NJDiva on 6/21/11 2:57pm
Msg #387135

Oh and don't let them tell you otherwise...

If you're new, I would not suggest you over charge and I don't know what your overhead is, but how much is gas, paper, toner etc. in your area? Lest we forget, especially don't forget to take 35% right off the top for taxes (subtract $35 off the top for a $100 signing.) Figure additional overhead from there. Others to consider...

E&O insurance
Marketing (my costs are $500+ a year)
Maintenance of car
Your worth in time etc. ($20 at least???)

Of course this is my opinion...as are all my posts. Just an FYI.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/21/11 3:53pm
Msg #387145

I just did see that. Just stick to your fees and don't let them bamboozle you.

Reply by NS35/CA on 6/21/11 4:07pm
Msg #387148

I wanted to be blunt. I called LPS several days ago and asked them why they don't call me for appts. They said my fee is too high. The comparable fees in their notary database is $90 with email doc. They are in Southern California. To be or not to be!

Reply by BrotherOwner on 6/21/11 5:37pm
Msg #387166

Re: Servicelink-just say "no". To Peggy T.

YOU set your fees, based on your cost of doing business. Why walk out the door to lose time, money, put wear, tear, miles and gas on your car for no profit? The $50, $60 notaries still have to pay Uncle Sam, so eventually they should see that it's like working at MickeyD's for $2.00/ per hour rather than $6.
Stick to your fees!

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 6/21/11 6:37pm
Msg #387175

If ur a good notary w/ few or no errors, ur track record

speak for itself. We've been posting day in & day out about these lowballers; truth is, any SS who wants to keep their TCs happy (AND look professional) in these tuff times, will not just switch frm their reliable, relatively error-free SA to some unknown to save a few bucks. It DOES make them look bad! So when I have to get my standard fee 'approved by one of my semi-regulars', I think they're not just getting it 'approved, they're also checking my track record w/ them! It pays to double & triple check ur work - something the $40 & $50 crew probably doesn''t have time to do! JMO

Reply by BrotherOwner on 6/22/11 1:23am
Msg #387209

Re: If ur a good notary w/ few or no errors, ur track record

NO OFFENCE INTENDED, but you are reading the wrong comic book. It's all about the bottom line. Very, very few SS care about the Notary- " can you just help us out?", "I'll have to see if I can get that approved" We'll send you all our business this month". What about the TCs that look the other way when the SS takes 60/90 days to pay the Notary or stiffs them altogether? There ARE SOME caring SS out there, and we know who they are. New, fly by night, SS crop up every day, or are the brother/sister of the TC owner, who are in "business" to make a phone call and grab half the notary fee listed on the HUD while you get the crumbs and you do the heavy lifting with the client.
At the end of the transaction how many of your clients LOVE their lender/TC/broker? Very often we're paddling as fast as WE can to keep the customer happy or at least mollified and complete the deal.
As to loyalty to "professional" Notaries, search the threads for the many high quality pros that have been dumped/banished by the likes of FASS with no warning or reason given. Look at the thread ealier today about ServiceLink.
If your phone rings, they've either checked your record/approval rate before the call, or are just looking for a body that can fog a mirror. END of rant, and thanks for listening.

Reply by cremevette on 6/30/11 6:30am
Msg #388187

I said yes and have had a dozen since that didn't come via overnight. With Chase's track record of approving HUDs right before closing time, I don't see how they will ever be able to overnight a package. The plus side is that except for one, I have had confirmations reissued with e-doc fees added on, which means I'm making a bit more than I would ordinarily on the closing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.