Notary Rotary
ServieLink - New Lower Fee
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Stoli on 6/8/11 4:43pm
Msg #385563

Has anyone else been asked to accept a set fee of $65?

As I understand it, ServiceLink would like to send overnight docs when possible, and if necessary, send e-docs. The fee remains the same for both.

She also informed me that someone in Sacramento is accepting $25 signing fee plus $20 print fee, for a total of $45. per signing.

Boy, if this is true, I'm sure going to miss them.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/8/11 4:53pm
Msg #385565

Shame on ServiceLink for playing that game. $45/signing,

are you kidding me? Are you seeing these "savings" passed on to the borrowers on the HUD? I haven't seen significantly lower closing costs, have you? Grrrrrrrr.......

Reply by nobhill on 6/8/11 5:05pm
Msg #385568

Re: Foolish, Low Self Esteem = Crack Head Fees

Remember, these banks are filthy rich because they got trillions in U.S. taxpayer money in 2008. They're just playing a game of lowering our fees to see what they can get away with. Don't fall for it.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 6/8/11 6:00pm
Msg #385575

When I am quoted a much lower rates that a notary in my area is charging I figure the SS is trying to worry me into taking their offer. Could be someone is doing it for that though. Wow, can't imagine.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/8/11 6:45pm
Msg #385577

Re: ServieLink what's interesting is

do you think whoever is accepting these fess would go back out if an error was made, for nothing? We haven't touched on that much but I can't wait until it happens.

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 6/8/11 7:16pm
Msg #385583

They shorted my check $300

b/c they couldn't find the closings I did "in the system". They have really gone down hill. Stick to your fees, they get what they pay for.

Reply by George Hand on 6/8/11 8:18pm
Msg #385589

Re: They shorted my check $300

Received a check today also shorted by ServiceLink. They paid the FNF invoices which is one vendor # but not the ServiceLink invoices which is a different vendor #. Funny thing, they paid the FNF closings which I didn't have on the invoice & said they couldn't find the other closings in the system. Sounds like 2 entities under the same roof and one doesn't know what the other is doing. Maybe a second check is coming...let's hope.

Reply by Alz on 6/8/11 7:06pm
Msg #385578

I have not been asked, but was told by a scheduler that a

notary in my area accepted $45 for a refinance, two borrowers, on a Friday at 4:00pm.

I work with them from time to time because they always pay my fee; otherwise, they would not bother to call. Besides, I only accept calls from companies that are going to pay my fee.

I say "farewell" if this is true.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/8/11 7:12pm
Msg #385580

THAT person is lowering the Avg I.Q. level of your city

SIGNIFICANTLY! ROFLMAO

Reply by BossLadyMD on 6/8/11 7:29pm
Msg #385585

They still pay my professional fee, got a check today :)

I will take all I can from them! My guess is that the cheaper notaries in my area must do a horrible job so I'm worth my weight in gold Smile

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/8/11 8:01pm
Msg #385587

Re: They still pay my professional fee, got a check today :)

Could also the fact that you need a TP license in MD have something to do with it? Just as attorneys are able to demand higher fees in states like MA, they may feel they need to pay more in MD. [But I'm sure you're still worth your weight in gold to them... Wink]

Reply by BossLadyMD on 6/9/11 9:42am
Msg #385632

Re: They still pay my professional fee, got a check today :)

That could also very well be it Janet...thanks Wink

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/8/11 7:54pm
Msg #385586

"She also informed me that someone in Sacramento is accepting $25 signing fee plus $20 print fee, for a total of $45. per signing."

The only answer you should give to a statement like that is "So why are you calling me?"

Reply by George Hand on 6/8/11 8:23pm
Msg #385590

Great answer! Hope I remember that.

Reply by aanotary on 6/8/11 8:33pm
Msg #385593

I am in Sacramento & still getting my fee? Here is what the scheduler told me . They are sending out confirmations that are $25.00 lower ' in case it is an overnight order" , if they send edocs. We the notary are suppose to tell the closing team leader and they will adjust out fee. That is exactly what happened to me. The fee on the order was $$. When they sent edocs , I sent an email and my fee was adjusted to xxx. I guess the 45.00 notary was all booked up that night?

Reply by Stoli on 6/8/11 9:53pm
Msg #385600

Spelling error--should have ServiceLink

Last week, I, too, received a confirmation for $55, less than my typical signing fee, and an adjustment was to be made if docs were sent e-mail. Well, docs were sent e-mail and I asked for the fee adjustment. ServiceLink refused to adjust the fee. Because $55 is significantly less than my typical fee, I asked ServiceLink to reassign the file to another notary.

Here's the kicker--she noted my file with a negative comment because I wouldn't accept the $55 signing. This was an in-branch, Bank of America signing, with the fax-back requirement. So, the going rate is $55 for approximately 400 pages (two copies - one for the borrower, and one for the signing) with fax backs. The closer finally called and adjusted the fee and I did the signing, but the negative comment is still on file.

I'm concerned that no one can stay in business at their new rates. Chris has posted extensively about the true cost of doing business, so it isn't necessary to repeat the obvious.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/9/11 5:43am
Msg #385617

Re: Spelling error--should have ServiceLink

*Here's the kicker--she noted my file with a negative comment because I wouldn't accept the $55 signing.*

You are in good company. Several years ago they used to call me and line me up for five appointments at a time. I was new, but it didn't take me long to figure out that they cancelled 4-5 of them at the last minute and I was missing other work, so I didn't let them do me that way and have me tied up at EOM anymore. That's tactic #1 I thought gave them the name ServiceStink.

#2 - The other thing was when they hired a ration of smart, hard nosed schedulers around '05. They not only threatened me with the black mark, they called me THREE times and said ugly condescending things to me, three times! The fourth time I didn't answer. ServiceStink award #2.

Reply by CF on 6/9/11 7:21am
Msg #385621

So glad they "fired" me a while back!!!! n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 6/9/11 9:41am
Msg #385631

Re: Spelling error--should have ServiceLink

I got a call this week for a signing for yesterday. The docs were to be overnighted. I never received docs, so I called them to tell them the signing would not occur. I also had no contact for the borrower, so I couldn't reach them to confirm I would not be showing. The day the signing was to occur, I received a call from ServiceLink asking about the status of the signing for June 7, the day before the scheduled closing. I told them my confirmation said 6/8/2011 but no confirmation is due because the signing was for 6/8/2010. The scheduler said, you're right, and I said yes, I know I'm right. They said tear up the docs when they arrive, new ones will be overnighted and a new confirmation was on its way, but rescheduled to 8pm. I couldn't accept 8pm but could accept 7:30p. It was rescheduled with another notary.

I'm worn out with their shanigans. I won't accept work from SL in high times.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.