Notary Rotary
Speaking of Servicelink
Notary Discussion History

Speaking of Servicelink
Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Philip Johnson on 6/15/11 9:47pm
Msg #386414

Speaking of Servicelink

I got an interesting call from them today about a new form of payment and doc delivery they are moving to. They plan on overnighting everything they can and only in "special" circumstances will they be emailing the docs.

It is at this point that paying you for this comes in. The new plan is a flat fee of $55.00 for the area in which you cover, be it overnighted or emailed. Or you can stay with your current structure, this of course moves you down the call ladder if it is lower then $55.00 standard.

Reply by SouthernOK on 6/15/11 10:07pm
Msg #386415

I just did one last week, they confirmed an e-doc but then overnighted them.

Not sure about the flat fee of $55, my contact didn't inform me of this. Could it just be in your area?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 6/15/11 10:25pm
Msg #386416

Yeah, I think this is happening is saturated areas where they have tons of notaries to choose from in a small area. With SL, this means notaries on their list... there may only be three in your area, but if they're all on SL's list... then you're in trouble.

They call me all the time, at my much higher fee, for jobs both local and up to 2-3 hours away, especially in the more rural areas where the other "city" notaries on their lists refuse to go. I've never been told of this new structure.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/15/11 11:03pm
Msg #386419

Funny thing about saturated areas and "competition".....I'm 10th on the list of Notaries at the hospital in my area and I'm getting calls more frequently.....apparently the 9 Notaries on the list above me either can't be reached or are simply unavailable and I find it interesting that I'm getting more frequent calls from the hospital administrator. The customer showed me the printout she was given with all the Notaries names and cell numbers. I'm number 10 of 10 on the list.

The other funny thing is I got a call for general notary work at about Noon today from a repeat customer - didn't realize at the time I had previously notarized for him until he said, "I need <such and such> notarized, can we meet at Vons like we did last time?" There's a Starbucks inside Vons market less than 5 mins from my home where I give callers the option to meet me there if they wish to save on the travel fee.

I told the caller I had an opening at 5pm but he needed immediate notary service so I suggested he go across the street to the UPS Store - I know they have at least 3 Notaries on staff there - or I had two Notary friends I could refer him to. The customer groaned at the mention of the UPS Store and wanted the contact info for the Notary friends.

In my experience, "competition" or Notary saturation has never bothered me like it has many who post here. I'm getting more frequent calls for notary service from the hospital, yet I'm #10 of 10 on their Notary list. The customer groaned at the mention of the UPS Store....just an interesting observation regarding competition and notary saturation.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/16/11 8:01am
Msg #386437

same here, I way down the list but I get calls everyday for an area 15 miles away. THOSE notaries must be heck a busy!

Reply by Larry Adams on 6/16/11 5:14pm
Msg #386507

I definitely understand your comment about the UPS Store. I hang out in a Pack & Ship store with a UPS Store across the street. We have customers who bring in a UPS dropoff package, which we can't take because we don't have a UPS account. When we tell them they have to take the package across the street, they don't just groan, they GROAN! loudly. Just to keep those customers happy AND COMING BACK, we've started taking their packages, then dropping them at the UPS hub or our wine broker when we make a run.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/16/11 7:46am
Msg #386436

True, Marian

Nor do they argue about fee.

Reply by Gavina Franklin on 6/15/11 11:16pm
Msg #386420

I got the same call today. No thanks. I keep the same fee. n/m

Reply by victoria meissner on 6/16/11 6:18am
Msg #386426

Re: I got the same call today. No thanks. I keep the same fee.

I also got same phone call. Was told if I didn't agree with their fees i would probably be tossed from their systems. Got a call later in theday, wanted to pay me $35 dollars for a simple siging, but really now. So, I will stand by my fees, as well. Take it of leave it. Shame on them!

Reply by BossLadyMD on 6/16/11 9:46am
Msg #386451

They still pay my normal fee, no problems here :) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.