Notary Rotary
Speedy Closing and Title Services. Paid as promised
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Ireneky on 6/17/11 10:03am
Msg #386588

Within one week. I know there have been issues in the past, but He trying hard to get back on track as we all are.
Would work for him again

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/17/11 10:11am
Msg #386591

Boloney (bologna) Irene

He's not trying to get back on track - he's trying to get some free good press - I worked for him in 2006 or 2007 - took 60 days BACK THEN to get paid - nice as pie to me but every excuse in the book...never took another deal again.

He paid you in a week *once* - go read SC...don't think you're immune - and don't be fooled.

Your call if you decide to continue to work for him - but don't be surprised when you end up in the same boat as all those that went before you and got burned.

MHO

Reply by mwm143 on 6/17/11 10:20am
Msg #386596

Knock yourself out.

I get so tired of hearing these sob stories from these companies. Frank will not change. Did he pay you a little extra to post here or just promise you more business? So many of these deadbeat companies have absolutely no respect for our services and yet people still continue to work for them. And can you blame them when so many notaries place no value on their own worth??

Bottom line deadbeat companies: Stop paying yourself before paying the vendors you employ.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/17/11 10:32am
Msg #386600

I worked for him once. Then he calls me again and I reminded him that I hadn't been paid for the first signing, his reply was "Oh". He paid me within 30 days of that "Oh".

Reply by HisHughness on 6/17/11 10:40am
Msg #386601

How do you spell "naive?" Oh, yeah: S-U-C-K-E-R.

Reply by dutchcloser on 6/17/11 10:46am
Msg #386603

Thanks for this post I got a call from him this morning only offered $85 for edocs I'm glad he didn't expect my offer of XYZ. Thanks HONEST notary posters!!! I dodged the ball on this one.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/17/11 10:53am
Msg #386605

Thanks for paying attention to the feedback, dutchcloser

If more did that there'd be fewer "woe is me they didn't pay me" posts...

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/17/11 11:02am
Msg #386609

Ditto, honestly dutchcloser n/m

Reply by GWest on 6/17/11 11:07am
Msg #386613

He called me last week also for the first time. Thanks to this board I refused.

Reply by Teresa Rowe on 6/17/11 11:37am
Msg #386624

I did two for him in April only because they were both from the same TC that I do a lot of work for. I ended up call the TC for help on getting paid, they contacted Frank and last Saturday the check was in the mail.

I wont work for him again, too much trouble to get paid.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/17/11 12:26pm
Msg #386642

lol

"I did two for him in April only because they were both from the same TC that I do a lot of work for..."

I happen to know exactly which TC that is!!! What's really sad is that the TC KNOWS Speedy's ethics, yet continues to use them. What was told to me is that the closings get dumped on Speedy when they themselves are unable to get them covered or when the scheduler is lazy and doesn't feel like getting it filled, especially if it's close to closing time.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Reply by Notary Mobile Connection on 8/24/11 11:50pm
Msg #394912

Speedy Closing needs to change their name

I read the negative posts regarding the problems of not getting paid from Speedy Closing but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I did a job on 6/22/11 and submitted my invoice at the end of the month per their requirements. According to their payment schedule I should have received a check the first week of August. None came. I emailed Frank on 8/8 to remind him about my payment which he replied he would take care of it. Nothing came. Send 2nd email on 8/17 to remind him again and his reply was "ck sent". Nothing came. I hope I will get paid but will not accept any future jobs from him even if I do. Very unacceptable that these companies expect prompt, reliable and accurate service from us notaries but do not provide the same service to us. Frank needs to take the "Speedy" out of his business name. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Reply by HisHughness on 8/25/11 12:41am
Msg #394917

GIVE ME AN EVER-LOVING FREAKIN' BREAK

Years, absolutely years worth of posts condemning Speedy Closings for the worthless pond scum that they are, and you "decided to give them the benefit of the doubt." And then, when exactly what has happened to countless other signing agents happens to you, you actually have the temerity to come on NotRot and give us advice: "DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY."

How can I put this delicately, diplomatically? Lessee, how about YOU ARE AN IDIOT WHO SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED IN THE COMPANY OF ANYBODY WITH ENOUGH SENSE TO TIE THEIR SHOELACES.

Oh, yeah, and how about YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESERVED. No, that's not quite true. You deserved something more, like a hot poker strategically placed where it would get your attention.

It is numbskulls lilke you who permit Speedy Closings to stay in business. You deserve each other.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/25/11 8:33am
Msg #394933

Re: Speedy Closing needs to change their name

I will tell you why you did not get paid: Frank has no respect for you and your kind. He has plenty of other unsuspecting notaries in your area so he does not need you. You didn't value yourself, why should he?

You read about Speedy and chose to ignore the problem and now have become part of the problem.

This is from someone who waited one full year to be paid, before I ever heard of Notary Rotary forum. I now take as gospel what others say in the comments. Do you realize that it takes effort to make those comments? A bit of time and thought went into them, and you took your chances?

For all you others who have not yet been approached by Speedy - please, don't make the same mistakes of doing the research to find out about a company and then decide that those who made the comments are just "spiteful, disgruntled, no-nothings". Especially when you see a company such as Speedy or Sox (or one of their many names to disguise who they really are). Real live, thinking people made these comments from their hurting minds at being gyped. Give your peers a bit of trust. Leave your desperation to work out of your decision making.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/17/11 12:00pm
Msg #386630

I love to hear posts like the original...

And I can't wait to hear them whining about being taken for a (as Hugh said) S-U-C-K-E-R, when they find out for themselves.

Trust and believe, those of us that have been through the EXACT same experience and thought process eventually got B-U-R-N-E-D!!!

All I ask is that you come back on and let us know WHEN it happens (not if.)

And also know that you DON'T have to work for those kind of fees. But if you're that desperate (and naive) to have to do so, then I only wish you success and hope it doesn't happen to you. Demand more. Because if THEY are that desperate, THEY will pay you more...if you get paid...lol

It could be that you're the only Notary left in your area that HASN'T been screwed by them yet. They need to get every closing executed, that they are assigned, covered. After all, they need you in order to pay their bills (and mortgage, car payment, electric, etc. etc.)

You can demand PayPal.

I was always told as a kid, "Don't believe anything you hear and only HALF of what you see. The hand is quicker than the eye. A liar is far worse than a thief because at least you can SEE a thief!!!!! " (well that saying was started way back when there WAS no credit, phones, internet, etc.-a thief was most times in FRONT of you-it was my Grandfather that used to say it all the time.)

Because life has proven that saying to be quite true, I find it to be a pretty profound cliche. Ya think I'm a bit cynical?

They probably didn't prepare you to get slammed by those of us who know better, huh? lol

Reply by MW/VA on 6/17/11 3:42pm
Msg #386686

Thanks, Hugh. These posts are good for some

great laughs!

Reply by MW/VA on 6/17/11 3:43pm
Msg #386687

BTW, Hugh's response is probably the one we need to use

for newbies. LOL

Reply by bagger on 6/17/11 2:13pm
Msg #386660

I did a total of three jobs for that snake.
The first one, I was paid on time, the last two (in the following mointh), collecting was like pulling teeth. Lie after lie after lie.
Frank is a sleazy waste of human skin, he sets the hook by paying for the first one, and then just sticks it to you.
The last time he called, he started out with "Can you help me out." I just laughed at him.

Reply by laurel/nc on 6/17/11 2:19pm
Msg #386661

I got the same pleading for help from Frank, I told him the only way I would do it was if he met my fee and paid upfront thru PayPal. He agreed, I had my pay within 1/2 hour, did the closing and that was that. He's never called me back.

Reply by LeeA on 6/17/11 5:34pm
Msg #386706

I don't know how he stays in business.

Reply by Deborah P. Berry on 7/22/11 1:32am
Msg #390604

To all of you who posted about Speedy Signings, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I am so glad I decided to check this forum. I received a call from Frank to do a closing this Monday, but now I know enough to call him back and say, "No thanks!" And, I will tell him why I won't accept a signing from him...because too many other notaries have said they got burned!
I have been fuming about getting stiffed by Kosty Safir for $150 after taking a last minute signing located 60 miles one way to help him out. No good deed goes unpunished!! (Anyone know about SafirSignings and any tips on how to get him to pay??) and decided I needed to be more careful and check out others' experiences before I commit to new companies for signings. All of you do a good service when you report on your experiences so that others can benefit!
Again, my heartfelt thanks! I will return the favor!!
;>Debbie

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.