Notary Rotary
Synching iPhone to laptop
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Pierces Notary Services on 6/3/11 1:51pm
Msg #385082

Are you able to hook up the iPhone to a laptop to access the internet? I just recently purchased a laptop so I could start doing e-signings and just got an iPhone.

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 6/3/11 1:55pm
Msg #385083

I meant tethering an iPhone to laptop, not synching n/m

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 6/3/11 1:58pm
Msg #385086

I meant tethering an iPhone to laptop, not synching n/m

Reply by terrie/IN on 6/3/11 2:44pm
Msg #385090

Re: I meant tethering an iPhone to laptop, not synching

I am not sure at about tether.com if they app for iphone, I know I have it on blackberry and then I got a droid x and in the market place I found an app that aloud me to tether my droid to my laptop. Does apple have any tethering apps?

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/3/11 2:45pm
Msg #385091

Re: I meant tethering an iPhone to laptop, not synching

Here you go: http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/17/att-cracking-down-on-unofficial-iphone-tethering-mywi-users/

I have TMobile and if I HAD to I would tether briefly...but they are getting serious about this now.

Reply by Julie/MI on 6/3/11 4:54pm
Msg #385103

I'm tethered!

I just went into the att store as I'm really stupid about this stuff and brougth my iphone and windows based laptop). They called and activated the tethering $20 per month, I think. And they could NOT get it to work.

Turns out you must have itunes downloaded or tethering won't work. I was there almost 3 hours before some young employee figured it out.

Sooooooo easy, just plug in your charger cord to the computer and the other end to the iphone (also charges the iphone) and "tethering" appears on the top of your phone and you are on the net my friend!

Good luck, if I can do it so can you!

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 6/3/11 5:31pm
Msg #385114

Re: I'm tethered!

I was told by AT&T that I had to get the 4GB plan to tether my iPhone to my laptop. I will try what you said. I have the 2GB plan now. And in all actuality if the borrower has wifi why can't you use that?

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/3/11 7:30pm
Msg #385126

Re: I'm tethered!

You can use the borrower's wifi as long as the know their pass code, pass key, pass phrase, user name, or if they should leave it blank, the router's name, the network's name....so one and so forth. (Hopefully, just the pass code, but I have had the experience where I needed all of the above when someone was visiting my home and wanted to use my router. I gave her the code and she accidentally changed my pass code. Nightmare. Spent an hour resetting all that.)

Some people don't button them down but it's idiocy not to secure one's router these days. If it IS secure, letting you on it and giving you their pass info might be an issue with them. You never know how people look at things like that.

If they have wifi, you could suggest that they do them on their own computer and have yours as a back up.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/3/11 8:58pm
Msg #385130

I'm weathered! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/3/11 10:39pm
Msg #385139

I'm feathered...ok, we are

going to get in trouble. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.