Will I get a call one Day :( ???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by GNotary/CA on 6/17/11 11:13pm
Msg #386747

New Notary here.....bare with me.

How many companies do I have to sign with to at least 1 call? I was told 100, Im only at 10, someone help me please!!

Thanks,
Nia

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 6/17/11 11:24pm
Msg #386750

."..bare with me" I look bad enough with my clothes on.

Seriously, if you want to give this biz a try, and have the resources to hang in there for a while,
keep calling. Things are PRETTY slow at this time , but I see signs that they might be picking up a bit.
On several occaisions, while marketing, I was told. "Just got an order in your state, can you go to
Nowhereville at 6PM tonite?" You never know. There is an old saying about throwing "stuff" against a wall. Never know when some will stick.
Good luck.

Reply by Ireneky on 6/17/11 11:46pm
Msg #386752

Wish I could help but I've been in business for 20 years and right now no one's phone is ringing.
I'm putting the house on the market and praying it sells FAST and looking for a new career, I will always do notary work but for now part time. I do Love being a Notary, just need more to survive even here in KY. I can't imagine what it's like in CA
You just got to hang in there, get your name out there with the companies listed here and in your area. Do some foot work pass out your business cards. It's really hard out there right now with no experience. When the phone does start ringing you got to be very flexible and jump on the last minute stuff. Do a good job and they will call back for more.

Good Luck

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/18/11 12:07am
Msg #386756

Read the post below titled: Another slow week
There are posts like that just about every other day (if not every day). Let that post be your guide.

Reply by desktopfull on 6/18/11 9:51am
Msg #386785

"I was told 100, Im only at 10, someone help me please!!"

Are you requesting that someone help you sign up with the other 90? Or do you think there is a way of getting business without marketing yourself?

Reply by MW/VA on 6/18/11 3:56pm
Msg #386823

Maybe not. I wouldn't wait for the phone to ring & hope you

have a day job. Things in this biz are tougher than ever, and trying to break into it at this point is going to be next-to-impossible.

Reply by CJ on 6/18/11 4:29pm
Msg #386827

Cold calling.

If you were looking for a regular job, you would pound the pavement every waking hour. It's the same here: you need to call all 100 compaines, and when you run out, look for more. When I started 10 years ago, they all told me that they had enough notaries and they wanted someone with experience. Well one by one, they needed someone, and I was in their database, so they called me.

Before the mortgage crises, everyone was flooded with work, because they were loaning to everyone, whether or not they could really afford to pay it back. Now the rules are very tight and not many people are getting loans. Everyone who was busy before, in all aspects of the loan situation, they are all slow: processors, title people, appraisers and notaries. Many people who got laid off (like title and loan people), if they had a notary liscense, they also are trying to get mobile notary work.

If you are discouraged after calling 10 companies, you have not even scratched the surface. I have been doing this for 11 years, and I am calling the agencies also, hoping to get my phone to ring.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/19/11 12:26am
Msg #386848

5-Star post, CJ. There's an old saying in the Dairy

Business: Cows don't give milk, you have to go get it from them twice a day.

Same with every business - you have to go get it every day.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/19/11 2:42am
Msg #386853

I like that saying - thanks for sharing. n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 6/19/11 10:20pm
Msg #386891

Don't worry, the ones who don't pay will call you. They are always looking for new meat

Reply by Barney on 6/20/11 11:05am
Msg #386916

Re: Will I get a call one Day Interest rates on rise

Talked to a banker last week and by the end of this year the rates are going to be 5.5% early next year 6%. No I do not see business picking up. This means that business is even going to get slower. I have been doing this for 8 years and business is a 4th what it was a few years back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.