Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Wisconsin changing notary office tomorrow.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by jnew on 6/30/11 6:21pm
Msg #388311

Gov. Walker's budget reduction law has moved all notary public filings from the Secretary of State office to the WDFI. The SOS removed all the online links at the end of the day on June 30, 2011 and they have yet to appear on the WDFI website. There is only a notice that the site should have all of the notary links as of tomorrow. I went on the SOS site a couple of minutes ago and could not find anything. I hope they have a smooth transfer by tomorrow.

Reply by LisaWI on 6/30/11 6:28pm
Msg #388315

Thanx for the update......

but I am NOT looking forward to this change.......We had made headway with the SOS on certain issues and now its not looking like we will be able to even speak with anyone in the new dept as they dont even know who is doing what.........

Booo!!

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/30/11 7:59pm
Msg #388320

Not trying to make a political statement here, but you folks in WI are all screwed up at this point with that Governor and his crew. And I've been reading that they have been trying to ram more stuff through before the recall elections, so I guess they're conceding the recall...

What a mess... And here I thought the NY government was dysfunctional...

Reply by Stamper_WI on 6/30/11 9:08pm
Msg #388324

Preaching to the choir n/m

Reply by Philip Johnson on 6/30/11 9:45pm
Msg #388331

Yeah the WDFI website looks like they have no clue

Oh wait, they give a very detailed explanation of what's going on and promise to have everything ready tomorrow, on the day they are supposed to.

How bush league are they?

http://www.wdfi.org/

Reply by HisHughness on 6/30/11 10:45pm
Msg #388332

Please take note that I have NOT...

...signed on to this thread to point out that this nonsense is the result of Republican "budget-cutting" shenanigans, or that this is what you can expect when you put the Tea Party types in power, or that if we don't turn things around next election, we can expect more of the same, or...well, you know.

It has been most difficult to restrain myself from pointing those things out. I have kept my cool because I realize that that kind of comment belongs in Just Politics, and I don't want to pollute Discuss Work with such partisan sniping.

I hope all of you appreciate my restraint.

Reply by Pat/IL on 6/30/11 11:12pm
Msg #388334

Gee, I hope there are notary emergencies over night. n/m

Reply by Pat/IL on 7/1/11 12:55am
Msg #388336

My apologies. I hope there are NO notary emergencies.

Up too late again.

Reply by LisaWI on 7/1/11 7:15am
Msg #388340

Re: Maybe, just maybe..........

we might be able to get our fee raised........it is the Dept of Finance after all.........

This actually scares me somewhat, a dept that handles the financial institutions for the state is handling the office of the Notary Public...This is one of those 'things that make you go hmmmm' IMO, this is a conflict of interest, but on the other hand, for us NSA's who do Mobile Loan Closings it may work out to our advantage.

Im just curious as can be how this will all pan out...its going to be interesting. I think we are the only state in the union who isnt handled by a SOS office.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 7/1/11 10:34am
Msg #388362

OMG they actually have the site up and running

on the day they promised. I can only assume that all the good folks in Rheinlander and Milwaukee are safe in all their notary business.

Reply by LisaWI on 7/1/11 11:46am
Msg #388369

Re: OMG they actually have the site up and running

Yes, they sure do. I have sent an email requesting info on who will we talk to should we have any questions and also asking if they will have a lawyer on hand for questions that they in the dept cannot answer.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 7/1/11 12:10pm
Msg #388372

Haven't got the tutorial/exam and "find a notary" search up yet. Wonder if that vendor is not agreeing to lower their fees?

Reply by jnew on 7/1/11 12:33pm
Msg #388373

I think that some of the info on the old site was done specifically as helpful info by the SOS. I know that the SOS and the governor are political enemies and have sniped at each other in the press. I would hope that the WDFI would actually pay attention to concerns of the notaries but at this point I am none too sure. A lot of people think that Walker did this intentionally as a rebuke to LaFollette, the SOS.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.