Notary Rotary
still waiting on my frist singing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2011 Index

Posted by Denettria Maxey on 6/14/11 6:17am
Msg #386136

i still waiting on my first singing assignment, i have everthing i need to get the job done but now is call me i don't understand why could someone with experience tell me how to get assignment

Reply by HARRY_PA on 6/14/11 6:55am
Msg #386138

Perhaps work on your language and spelling skills.

Harry

Reply by Frank/NC on 6/14/11 7:34am
Msg #386139

You weight for phone ring but ring phone we all weight. If you sing good you on wrong forum.

Reply by NJDiva on 6/14/11 8:30am
Msg #386145

um, weeeell, pretty much...

because there's NO work out there.

I have been in this business for over 6 years and can tell you that by this time, I would have upwards of 10+ closings booked by now for this week and I have FOUR! (in all honesty, I was on vaca last week and missed a few calls, but STILL they would not have totaled what I'm used to already have scheduled.) BUUUUUT it took me my first THREE years to get established to where I could actually pay my bills and save money (most of the time...tee hee).

You got into the business at the wrong time. Sorry to tell you. And depending on where you are, your marketing area could already be saturated with NSA's that are established and not even able to get work. I can assure you that if there are well established and qualified NSA's in your area, it will probably be tough for you to even get started.

You are going to hear this over and over. Cut your losses and move on. At least in this market. Especially since you announced it on here. Now all the lowballing, nonpaying, thieving, lying, SS's and other's that take advantage of (in particular the newbies that haven't a clue) us will know they have fresh "greens" (sounds better than meat doesn't it?) to profit from.

All I can say is beware. Just because people are calling doesn't mean you'll be getting paid or starting a business. But one thing is for sure, you'll "get an assignment" out of it and gain experience too. Hopefully not the hard way.

Good luck to you and wishing you the best in all you do.

Where ARE you located anyway?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/14/11 8:33am
Msg #386146

1. Tweak your profile; not only should all county names be capitalized, but they should be separated by commas, and sentences ending in periods. Also, your profile should give a brief description of your experience and abilities while conveying a good reason to the companies as to why they should hire YOU.

2. Get a webpage.

3. Pay for a premium listing here - you're way down on the list in the basic section with approximately 15 other names to call before a company gets to you.

4. Market, market, market - go to SC and keep signing up with companies.

Reply by Barney on 6/14/11 12:49pm
Msg #386173

Well today is Monday and I just received a call from SL 88 miles, 9AM in the morning traffice and want to pay 100.00 and 25.00 for printing. So I turned it down. To you that might seem alot of money but by the time you add your expenses for drive, printing, not a profit to be made. I know that after the order comes their will be fax backs, so now we are looking at about 5 hours. I have been doing this for 8 years. These are things you learn as you go. You can not stay in business unless you make a profit. Good Luck

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.