Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Has anyone been audited for NSA business?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by FeliseSoCal on 1/31/12 4:25pm
Msg #410431

Just curious...

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/31/12 5:05pm
Msg #410435

Have you?

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 1/31/12 5:31pm
Msg #410438

no, just curious

I have a good accountant and keep detailed records.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/31/12 5:10pm
Msg #410437

NO! And praise to the heavens above.

I did get a letter from the IRS yesterday, followed by immediate heart distress and mopping of brow, but it was only those estimated tax payment forms and envelopes. Whew!

It's not that I cheat on my taxes (at least not knowingly/willingly) but I'm very disorganized and can't remember one day from the next, let alone one year from the next, and if I had to reconstruct a tax year I'd for an audit, I'd just roll up and die. Preparing a tax return is agony.

Reply by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 5:43pm
Msg #410440

PA Act 32 aka Earned Income Tax-Check your State

Check out Act 32 and how its changing business. More and more business will be audited and can be audited starting Jan 2012 this year.

My other LLC business (Business Consultant) I attended a Symposium on Act 32 which is chaning the standards and forcing more transparency with companies.....especially vendors and independent contractors. They requirements are becoming more strict and they do anticpate more companies will being audited. They are running an Amnesty program but it's just for a little time....----take a look at this link for more info http://www.newpa.com/node/6711

Reply by bygrace/PA on 1/31/12 6:08pm
Msg #410446

To Avoid Audit Exposure(In addition to PA Act 32 Post)

Just wanted to list the Amnesty Program info

Federal Voluntary Classification Settlement Program(VCSP)

**Talk to your Accountant about PA Act 32 and VCSP

See your State Law!!!more states looking to combine reporting so far listed
**Massachusetts
**West Virginia
**Wisconsin

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/31/12 6:00pm
Msg #410443

IRS has audit me from 2005-2008

After the first one I knew they would hit me again, Once I stopped the big deductions the audits stopped.

I call the IRS my 4th car payment right now, still owe $$$$ I pay 400/month should be done next year.(I hope)

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/31/12 8:04pm
Msg #410452

I claim well more in income on my Schedule C than I receive on 1099's, and I don't take a home office deduction. I do keep a good mileage log and have receipts for all expenses. I never have and don't expect to be audited, but have documentation for everything in case I am.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/31/12 9:17pm
Msg #410458

I think if you use the orange search button, there were a

couple of people reported being audited. I seem to remember it was over deductions that they weren't entitled to--like meals, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.