Notary Rotary
Has anyone been paid by Safir Signings?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 1/12/12 11:09am
Msg #408820

Lady begged to do a deal the other night and the only way I would of done it was PayPal payment same day. They could not do that so I said because of reviews of the company I cannot give the company a line of credit.Why hasn't anyone turn them in to SOS or Banking and Insurance Dept of Maryland?

Reply by Luckydog on 1/12/12 12:01pm
Msg #408830

Not sure with this co. but in the past when I have been stiffed, very hard to collect because any collection agency won't mess with collecting a low amount, and the BBB is not involved with payment issues. You can pester them and threaten them, but these company's know there is really not much you can do for a couple hundred bucks or so. The only recourse we have is to write posts on here about these deadbeats, and hope that most notaries need to come here and search these company's before accepting assignments.

Reply by Smug/Fl on 1/12/12 12:09pm
Msg #408831

What I did was call him at work, he will never answer his cell phone, so I was able to track down his extension at work and able to talk to him. He said he would send it out that day, I waited a week and never got it. Called again and he said he would mail it. The next day I got the check and then 4 days later I get another check. Guess he did mail it the first time, a day or so late, then mailed me another check when I called him the second time. I did cash the first check waited 2weeks then destroyed the second check.

Reply by Alz on 1/12/12 12:21pm
Msg #408832

How funny is that! I had the exact same experience because I

failed to check SC. Once was enough for me; hence, I will never go down that path again with this company. Lesson learned, wisdom gained.

Reply by Eve/VA on 1/13/12 9:20am
Msg #408931

I think I read in previous posts that this company has been reported to the State of MD. Do a search and you'll find more info ... or maybe it was on NR.

Reply by Eve/VA on 1/13/12 9:22am
Msg #408933

Re: Has anyone been paid by Safir Signings? Oops

This is NR. Meant to say one of the other websites.

Reply by Windoe/IL on 1/13/12 11:05am
Msg #408944

Yes, I finally got paid after calling, emailing and finally contacting Jay Zuckerberg.
Also, beware that this is the same company as Genuine Title.
Warning! Do not accept assignments from them unless they pay you upfront.

Reply by walthtz on 1/13/12 12:24pm
Msg #408951

I had accepted a signing from them the other day, but after reading the reviews here, I gave it back.
They contacted me & asked me to do it & I would be paid before I went to the signing thru paypal.
I said yes & they paid before I went to the closing.

Walt in NJ.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.