Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I Like Dogs Mr. & Mrs. Borrower.....But In Moderation......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 1/9/12 12:08pm
Msg #408521

......and seven dogs jumping on me and licking me and sniffing me in my privates while I am trying to perform my job is unacceptable.

What is wrong with people? I had to come home and take a shower and change my clothes after this last closing. Five cocker spaniels and two labs and that house was filthy and smelled terrible. The dogs were bad enough...the stay at home husband as he called himself asking me all these wierd questions....but what broke my heart was when the 3 year old daughter emerged from her room in dirty clothes, a ripped and tattered princess dress over her clothing, and a little doll that was so dirty it looked like the dogs had played with it outside....which they probably did. And then the little 6 year old boy comes home from kindergarten and proceeds to tell me that the house stinks cuz the dogs pee all over the floor. Like I didn't already know that. It was all I could do to just bite my tongue, keep the dogs at bay, finish signing the papers with these people, and get the heck out.

Love my job.....blessed to have so many wonderful title companies that send me such great business.....but just hate when you have to encounter this.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/9/12 12:22pm
Msg #408522

This needs to be reported to child protective services ... not to mention that they surely must be exceeding the allowable number of dogs, assuming they live in city limits ....

Reply by MW/VA on 1/9/12 12:38pm
Msg #408523

There's always a polite way to say, "I love dogs, but please

put them somewhere while we're conducting business." I often find the opposite, people put their animals away only to have them cry & scratch at the door.

Reply by 1Notary1 on 1/9/12 12:40pm
Msg #408524

Please, for the sake of those children, report this to Social Service. I would. Apparently, they are innocent victims of 2 dysfunctional parents and someone needs to protect them and get them out of that environment.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/9/12 12:45pm
Msg #408525

Okay, that's over the line

***seven dogs jumping on me and licking me and sniffing me in my privates while I am trying to perform my job is unacceptable.***

I probably could take the seven dogs; at 75, not even cocker spaniels are interested in my privates anymore. I draw the line at the odor of urine permeating everything, though. That's a closing that I would insist on moving to a Starbucks.

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/9/12 12:59pm
Msg #408529

Sorry for your experience Pegi. SOOOOO agree with GOLDGIRL and 1Notary1 - PLEASE report this to family services. Could be more going on than the eye can see (or smell!). MAYBE nothing is going on, but do you want to turn a blind eye if there is and then read about it on the front page of the newspaper? Th is NOT normal.

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/9/12 2:15pm
Msg #408546

Re: It's a good thing you don't suffer from olfactophobia n/m

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 1/9/12 5:01pm
Msg #408562

I got bitten by a dog once!

I was a the wrong address in a bad part of town b/c the confirmation was wrong.

I also had a borrowers dog jump in the back of my car because they said I could park in the garage.

I've also been licked under the table many times!

Definitely not a good career for someone with pet allergies. Good thing I love animals!

Reply by RJE/MI on 1/9/12 8:04pm
Msg #408570

My first instinct was to PM you but

It is so important to know that this must be reported to Social Services, Human Services or whatever the government in your area calls the department in charge of child and human services. If you do not know then call the police.

I am not posting this to be a bully but to educate as many as possible that it is not like it used to be when these agencies would get a call and swoop down to destroy families. They are not in the business of collecting children and although they do not have the time to be as involved to help these families there are many advocacy groups that now work alongside Social Services and repair and mend families.

Horror stories and national headline news makers aside. We all know these only make headlines because they are not every day common occurrences.

A lot of homes that appear and actually are neglectful of the children do not do so out of being bad. They just do not have the knowledge and were never given the proper tools to parent properly. They do not want to hurt their children and a lot of times they do not even know they are doing anything wrong.

I am a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate). I have had the joy of working with a family riddled with neglect, violence and addiction. I was able to work alongside a wonderful Human Services worker and other government and advocacy employees and volunteers. As a CASA my job was being a voice for the child. We were able to offer services that are readily available but not well known, especially to families in these types of situations. I worked with this family and these groups for 1 year and had the joy of watching the family work hard to mend and heal and eventually move on with life together as a family.

Lack of knowledge is not an excuse for any type of abuse or neglect, but if we just turn our backs we are no better. Please do not consider this an intrusion on someone's privacy. Your call may change a family’s future for these children forever. I wonder how many other people have walked away from this family feeling bad and a little annoyed at the circumstances.

I am a mandated reporter and would have to report this family and would do so without hesitation because the alternative could not be worse.

If you are worried that you might not be sure about the situation you are reporting on, Social Services will investigate and move on. But if you are right, you may play a role in changing their lives for the better.

Also, do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further direction. Smile

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/9/12 10:15pm
Msg #408578

Re: Rene, that was excellent!!!!! n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/9/12 10:57pm
Msg #408583

Applause from a former CASA. I believe all adults are

mandatory reporters.

Your point about "readily available but not well known" is the sad story, along with the shrinking resources for children's welfare and education - but help is there. Sometimes all it takes is a hand up, not a hand out.

So many thanks for your post.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 1/10/12 11:49am
Msg #408611

Kudos! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.