Notary Rotary
Is this a reputable company?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Walters Notary Agency on 1/1/12 8:11am
Msg #407984

FYI I paid $49.00 in Nov 2011 to be listed on GMN's directory. To date I'm still NOT listed. They won't respond to phone calls or emails. BEWARE! Has anyone heard anything about this company?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/1/12 9:13am
Msg #407986

They've been around for a good long time, but not sure

how effective their listing exposure is - I used to be a member years ago - haven't gone to that board in a very long time - it sort of died out. I can't say I've ever had anyone tell me they're calling because they found me there.

That's why I, personally, will take the free listings or trial listings and test out the results before I part with my hard-earned dollars. I won't pay $49 to a site I know nothing about when they give free basic memberships...I'll use the free memberships to basically find out "what are you going to do for me??"..

JMO

Reply by Walters Notary Agency on 1/1/12 12:45pm
Msg #407990

Re: They've been around for a good long time, but not sure

Thanks. I have seen their name in a few places and thought I would try it. I guess next time I will be more careful.

Reply by Sha/CA on 1/1/12 5:04pm
Msg #407994

It's only a suggestion. but...

I have had some experience with getting a response and having my credit card credited back, by emailing a company to state that I will call my credit card company and ask them to credit my account, if they do not respond or if I am unhappy with their service. Not this company and only if charged by credit card, but still the same situation and it has worked every time.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/1/12 6:48pm
Msg #407996

Re: It's only a suggestion. but...

Sha's post reminded me that about 2-3 years ago, I ordered a custommade ack stamp from them (cos NR didn't carry them.). GMN charged my credit card and never delivered the goods. I called and e-mailed, etc.; no response. Finally I filed a complaint with my credit card company. That must have got their attention cos I got the stamp immediately. As far as a notary advertising resource, they are clearly not a contender anymore, if they ever were ... at least in that department.

They used to have a notary chat board, second to NR's (a very distant second). PAW used to post there occasionally .... along with other biggies in the notary world. It had a different vibe than NR's Notary Talk. But as far as I can tell, it hasn't done anything in that department for ages, either .... I never even hear it mentioned anymore.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.