Notary Rotary
Love my fellow NotRot'ers!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by rengel/CA on 1/9/12 4:14pm
Msg #408558

Twice in the last 30 days I have had need of notarizations myself.

Fortunately, I have sent a couple of calls to Rick nearby and have gotten fabulous reviews on him. So he was the one I called for my personal house closing. It was nice to finally meet him face to face. Thanks Rick, hope you didn't mine meeting in a sushi restaurant!!

This weekend my mom called in a panic needing a notarization in Los Angeles (400 miles away from me) asap in order to help another family member in the hospital. I was able to pull up names of notaries in that area and Lynn was able to help her out on a Sunday morning. Thank you Lynn for taking such good care of my family members, you rock!

It is such a relief to know that I can call a fellow NotRot'er and know that they will assist my family member, actually show up and not gouge them on the price.

Just wanted to publicly acknowledge my thanks!

My .02

Reply by RickG/CA on 1/9/12 6:57pm
Msg #408567

Aw schucks. It was a pleasure to meet you and the Mr.!!!

You can count on me anytime!

Reply by Jose Gutierrez on 1/9/12 7:47pm
Msg #408569

Re: Aw schucks. It was a pleasure to meet you and the Mr.!!!

I scanned your code in your profile with my iphone and it showed your info, cool. Can you show us here how to do it? Thanks.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/9/12 8:11pm
Msg #408572

Google this: create qr codes

Find a code generator that you like. There are several.

In put your info. Get a *.jpg. Put it on your profile.

The wonderful thing about these are that the person who scans can immediately upload the info into their phones.

Smile

I'm surprised that this has not caught on a whole lot faster.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/9/12 10:23pm
Msg #408579

Re: Google this: create qr codes

QR codes have been around for a couple of years, and they are just starting to catch on. I was thrilled when I got my Droid last year and found a QR reader app.

The person who used the QR code for their profile photo is thinking outside the box, at least as far as this profession is concerned. What a great idea...

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/10/12 6:37am
Msg #408585

Re: Google this: create qr codes

Doesn't surprise me that it hasn't caught on. Soooo...I'm a Scheduler sitting at a computer using the internet. Now I have to use another piece of equipment that comes with a cost factor to see whatever is lurking behind that 'icon'?

Then again, I am clueless about these phones/apps. Phone?!? It does everything but make a pot of coffee!

Reply by RickG/CA on 1/10/12 8:33am
Msg #408589

Re: Sorry for the unintentional thread jacking

Jose, I started with bing business portal to set up. Simple and better yet - free. I didn't like the obvious bing reference on the QR file, so I googled QR code generators.

Lee, that's exactly why the QR craze has not been wildly sucessful. A person searching is already on the internet why would they want to grab their (another issue) reader capable phone

The most effective thing I've personally seen these codes do is ID my luggage without plastering my information on it.

The million dollar question is how do we use this to generate more calls. That ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls is a discussion I'd like to participate?!?!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.