Notary Rotary
Low Pay fees
Notary Discussion History

Low Pay fees
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by CorpJen on 1/27/12 12:00pm
Msg #410037

Low Pay fees

A notary advised me today she is called many times by agencies to do closings for $40-$50, and this has been going on for more than 10 years. She has asked them to not call her, remove her name, but they still call. We all know that our work is worth significantly more than $40-$50. Would it make a difference if we noted in our Internet listings our minimum fee? Maybe this would stop the wasted calls. Can we as a group make an impact on this situation? Nobody can dicate to us our accepted fees.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/27/12 1:26pm
Msg #410050

Waste of time it won't change anything they will still try

Reply by dutchcloser on 1/27/12 1:30pm
Msg #410051

The problem is that there will always be a newbie who will take the $50 with no problem.

Reply by Jean Morris on 1/27/12 3:43pm
Msg #410061

I'm in total agreement with anyone who turns away low paying agencies. I myself usually accept assignments that honors my fees however, there are times when I'll accept $10 less than my usual fee especially if I'm doing more than one closing. I usually get paid $100 per signing, no complaints. If an agency wants me to go far away I'm usually "booked" for that time period and I will suggest to them to call a notary close to the location.

Reply by CorpJen on 1/27/12 3:47pm
Msg #410062

I agree. I can't imagine today, doing closings for less than $100 unless it's a cash deal.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/27/12 5:18pm
Msg #410068

Noting your minimum fee on your listing will probably not do anything. They're going to call you anyway; they probably don't even read the profiles - all they want is a name and a number in the general area.

If you have a Droid or an iPhone, there are apps that will let you blacklist the numbers so that when they call, the phone just picks up and disconnects immediately. I'm using one on my Droid; it also blocks SMS spam. Problem solved.

The other thing you can try: if your cell phone allows you to send certain calls right to voicemail (I know the Droids do), you can lump all those numbers under a single contact name and send all calls from that contact straight to voicemail. Most of these yutzes won't bother leaving a message...

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/27/12 8:24pm
Msg #410106

Had a signing this week where the caller offered me $60. I told him that I wouldn't even leave the house for $60. He finally agreed to my fee of $100

Reply by christine patnaude on 1/28/12 9:08am
Msg #410147

MikeC/TX

You wouldn't happen to know the name of that app would you? That could really come in handy but I wouldn't really know where to look. (I'm just learning my droid). TIA.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 1/28/12 2:02pm
Msg #410173

Re: MikeC/TX

"Mobile Manager". I got it on Amazon's App Store, and the basic app is free.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.