Notary Rotary
No hud yet
Notary Discussion History

No hud yet
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 1/5/12 8:26am
Msg #408232

No hud yet

I have a closing in half an hour. No hud yet .No one answering at title.
Borrower's number disconnected drive is 45 minutes away. I am not starting out till get hud I was not instructed to go ahead without it.
What would you do?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/5/12 8:38am
Msg #408233

Do I understand you right that since the borrower's phone is disconnected, you have not been able to confirm the appt with them? If this is the case, I refuse to drive 45 min esp with no hud. It is rare that I go to an appt without confirming.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/5/12 8:43am
Msg #408234

It's a dilemna, but you can't do a signing without a HUD. Like Linda said, I wouldn't be driving to an appt. that I hadn't been able to confirm. IMO you'll have to wait until you can reach someone at title, get an answer about the HUD, and ask if they have other contact nos. for the borrowers. Many people are gaving landlines disconnected. I would also ask title if they're going to pay you a full fee if you get there & there's no one there. I sounds like a re-schedule anyway.

Reply by Ali/IL on 1/5/12 8:49am
Msg #408235

The call came in late yesterday then, got a call from title saying hud was coming late and, that they were aware of borrower's number being disconnected. I was told hud might be coming half hour after closing should start.
Hopefully they are looking into this as I am not going to start out until I here from them that they have reached borrower. Rest of package is waiting in email they sent that yesterday.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/5/12 9:20am
Msg #408237

Hi Ali. I'm seeing that a lot on some of my confirmations......no phone number for the borrower. Check and see if you can find a phone number on the 1003 within your closing package. Sometimes that works. I definitely wouldn't be going to a closing without a HUD. And I definitely wouldn't be going to a closing 45 minutes away without a HUD and first confirming with the borrowers. Good luck!!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/5/12 10:01am
Msg #408239

Or google the borrowers...I find that useful at times... n/m

Reply by Eve/VA on 1/5/12 10:31am
Msg #408240

With the combo of not having the HUD-1 and having no working number for the BOs (after googling, white pages, etc.), I don't think there's much else for you to do.

I'd send an email to the hiring company stating the situation and your reason for not doing the signing. If it comes to that. Always good to put these things in writing, not just phone conversations.

Good luck to you.

Reply by Eve/VA on 1/5/12 10:32am
Msg #408241

Oops guess I'm a little late. How did it turn out? n/m

Reply by Buddy Young on 1/5/12 12:09pm
Msg #408243

Amazing isn't it.

Got a call to do a same day signing, papers arrived late, rushed to do the signing.

In talking to the borrowers, they've been working on the deal for 3 months and we can't get papers in time to make the signing.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/5/12 12:52pm
Msg #408246

Call the loan officer...ask them where the heck is final HUD

that'll get their attention since its usually their fault for the delay...

Call the BO let them know what's up...and I hope your hiring party is aware of your travel and paying well for this one..

take care Ali..

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/5/12 1:26pm
Msg #408249

Cari. She said borrowers phone disconnected. n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/5/12 1:38pm
Msg #408253

yes, I know Linda....it should've read LO... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.