Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary Engagement package (euphemism for sure)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 1/15/12 8:39am
Msg #409084

"As discussed, your fee for notary closings will be $100.000 (accepting E Docs) for each county discussed along with a 25% cancellation fee".

So, would I be getting $100 or is the decimal in the wrong place and I would get $1000? Along with cancellation fee means they would send that as well, whether it does or not?

They also want me to send a "copy of your notary license or notary commission" and I'm just not sure why I don't have both on hand.

I am confused on this one. (aside from not generally liking the terms of 'engagement'.)

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/15/12 5:58pm
Msg #409101

"along with a 25% cancellation fee".

Did they mean you would receive 25% of your $100.00 fee ($25.00) if the closing cancelled or 25% of your $100.00 fee ($25.00) if the borrowers used the three day right of recision and the loan was cancelled?

What kind of cancellation are they talking about?

I would definitely want clarification on that one. If you perform a full closing, you deserve your full fee, regardless if the borrowers cancelled the loan or not.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/15/12 6:25pm
Msg #409105

PegiT, I just don't know, and furthermore, don't really care. I will not be signing up with them as I too believe I should get paid if the closing is conducted. To me, that would be a print fee only, and not leaving my office.

The other point I was attempting to make is that with a message that is riddled with errors, can you imagine how much they would be hollering if I made those errors?

Just not doing their charity work when I am perfectly capable of choosing who my charity will be.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 1/15/12 8:16pm
Msg #409114

Sounds to me like you have made a very wise decision.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.