Notary Rotary
Notary business for sale
Notary Discussion History

Notary business for sale
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Hasseler - A+ Mobile Notary-Call Sue on 1/11/12 1:37am
Msg #408696

Notary business for sale

Extremely successful notary business for sale in the San Gabriel Valley, Ca area. I'm moving to Nevada and want to make sure all my clients are taken care of. Please email me for specifics on business and price.

[e-mail address]

Sue Hasseler

Reply by BobbiCT on 1/11/12 7:28am
Msg #408699

Advertising and YOU CANNOT SELL YOUR NOTARY COMMISSION ...

You can't sell your Notary Public commission so, obviously, any "business" is something other than as a Public Official.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/11/12 8:40am
Msg #408701

I'm thinking she's meaning her company trade name,

inventory and client list.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/11/12 10:14am
Msg #408703

I don't have a problem with this.

This site is about enhancing the business of notaries, and creating more opportunities. This is an opportunity for a California notary to expand, so I think it serves the purpose of the board. I would draw a distinction between advertising to obtain more business, and a one-time divestiture.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/11/12 10:31am
Msg #408706

agree with Linda and Hugh, NOT advertising here... n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/11/12 5:22pm
Msg #408771

BobbiCT - I think you assume too much here - first; she's

not competing in any way with Harry/NR. This site is not in the business of selling businesses. Secondly, it seems obvious that it's well-known that one cannot sell one's license, accreditation, certificate, commissions, appointed officers/officials, well, you get the idea.

Third, it actually benefits NR in bringing another into the fold of a valuable resource.

Sorry, can't agree with you here.

jmnsho

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/11/12 10:32am
Msg #408707

Good Luck in Nevada and will you be a NSA there as well?? n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/11/12 3:29pm
Msg #408758

Re: Good Luck in Nevada and will you be a NSA there as well??

I see nothing wrong in this post..Selling her notary business..maybe its her client list, equipment etc. This may benefit another notary.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/11/12 10:29pm
Msg #408785

How can you set a price on your business?

What guarantee does the buyer have that your current clients are going to use them?

Reply by HisHughness on 1/12/12 12:18am
Msg #408790

Re: How can you set a price on your business?

That's done all the time, Shosh. There are businesses that actually evaluate the value of such intangibles as good will, copyrighted identities, client lists, etc. And that doesn't even address such things as the hardware -- and software -- required or a successful NSA business. Doctors can't sell their licenses, but they certainly can sell the tangibles and intangibles of their practices, as can other professionals.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/12/12 12:19am
Msg #408791

"Copyrighted identities" S/B "trademarked identities"

I'm entitled to at least one senior moment brain fart on my 75th birthday.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 1/12/12 12:41am
Msg #408792

Re: "Copyrighted identities" S/B "trademarked identities"

Happy Birthday from an oldtimer to an oldertimer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.