Notary Rotary
Request to other members of the forum
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 1/12/12 2:35pm
Msg #408849

The preceding thread contains a post which is political. The rules of the forum are quite clear: "avoid topics that others may consider offensive, such as politics..."

Uniformly, such posts that violate the rules of the forum have been made by conservative/Republican posters. In the past, when responding, I have always pointed out that only the conservatives think they have the right to break the rules. The post below follows the same pattern: The poster is well aware that what he is doing is not permitted, but chooses to ignore the rule that others follow.

The last time one of these posts surfaced in Discuss Work, I resolved that I would simply note that it was inappropriate and then I would report it. That's what I did in the post below. I would like to urge other participants in the Discuss Work forum who enjoy the extra dimension it brings to our working life to do the same.

There is a forum on NotRot devoted solely to politics: It is Just Politics, and it was created specifically to remove from Discuss Work the hostilities and animosities that so often accompany political discussions. Those hostilities and animosities run rampant on JPol, and I don't think any responsible, rational participant on <this> forum want them contaminating it.

So, you don't have to respond to any political post. You don't have to agree with it, or disagree with it. You don't have to respond saying it was inappropriate. If you want to see <this> forum continue to be devoted to talking about our work, rather than yelling at each other about how much we hate the president or what a sorry lot the Republican presidential hopefuls are, all you have to do is hit the report button to say that the post is political.

That's what I'll be doing in the future. And thanks to all who act to help keep this forum useful.

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/12/12 2:52pm
Msg #408851

More generalizations. n/m

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/12/12 3:57pm
Msg #408867

Hugh - your post is way more political than Bagger's, and

You have made your fair share of political posts in this forum.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/12/12 4:21pm
Msg #408869

Re: Hugh - your post is way more political than Bagger's, and

1. My post was responsive.

2. You don't know your Republican butt from from a trash can, Robert. The only political posts I have ever placed in this forum were in response to rightwingers such as you and the original poster, and those that I intended for JPol and were accidentically posted here. Further, anytime I have inadvertently posted something political here, I immediately apologized and asked other participants to join me in requesting that it be removed. As I have repeatedly stated, the only posters who think they have carte blanche to turn Discuss Work into a poltical battleground are rightwingers such as you athe original poster.

If you are going to chime in on these discussions, you really ought to make sure the bell you are ringing isn't cracked. That's a lot to ask of you rightwingers, I understand, but it nonetheless is a legitimate request.

Reply by dickb/wi on 1/12/12 6:01pm
Msg #408875

hugh...even tho u & I differ politialy I agree 100% with u.. n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/12/12 8:58pm
Msg #408900

Dickb, yep. n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/12/12 9:00pm
Msg #408901

On the other hand, there is a way to respond a-politically

to the underlying issue - here, that the Wall Street Finance "Industry" is a different horse entirely from the Banking "Industry," and Foreclosures is just one of the disasters created by bad actors - as I just did.

Just Politics is not actually a place where one can have civil discussions, a fixed race-track, if you will.

This issue is an important discussion at every table - and affects every single one of us who isn't in the 1&. A-politically; from mean-streets-raw to hanging-on-by-a-thread of US. The issue is a fact of life in our times, and the "political" division is widening, as evidenced by the take-over there, here, on our Forums.

This affects all of us, and isn't a side - it's what's going on in America. It is affecting our business, it's non-political, and so belongs exactly where it is.

jmnoho

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.