Notary Rotary
SOX aka SIGN ON THE X
Notary Discussion History

SOX aka SIGN ON THE X
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Lorraine Lougheed on 1/27/12 5:09pm
Msg #410067

SOX aka SIGN ON THE X

Just got off the phone with them they are looking for a notary in Mesa Arizona. I turned it down unless they can prepay. "I only get burned once and once is enough" They offered to send payment by Fed Ex. "Surrrrre.... the check's in the mail."

Reply by DD/OR on 1/27/12 5:30pm
Msg #410070

Good for you. I got burned by them before.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/27/12 10:15pm
Msg #410129

Confused

How do these people at SOX stay in business? With the constant barrage of bad press here, I can't imagine anyone accepting one of their jobs.

I've know of their reputation at least as far back as 2006. They called me for a job and I politely told them no...and why I was saying no...and to take me off their signing agent list.

If a company is pure crap as they are, there is no reason in the entire world to ask for a prepay. If they have screwed every other signing agent out of their hard-earned pay, they need to be put out of business. Say no to the creeps and maybe we can stop reading about them once and for all. Change that middle vowel to a "U" and you'll have their business practice all summed up.

Reply by Mike Goodey on 1/28/12 12:07pm
Msg #410162

Re: Confused

The problem is that they lure newbies into doing signings for them, to get them some work and experience...that's how I got involved with them years ago. At that time, they were real slow low paying, unprofessional and lazy...not to dis the unprofessional and lazy!

Reply by Luckydog on 1/28/12 6:44pm
Msg #410202

Re: Confused

RUN, RUN,RUN Away! They must be surviving off newbies who accept $45.00 a closing, and bombard them with closing for 30 days. No worries to SOX, they never pay, and get a month of free work! Good God, I thought they went out of business years ago!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.