Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
SS: "Can you go out and do a signing for us tomorrow...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 1/17/12 12:21pm
Msg #409243

SS: "Can you go out and do a signing for us tomorrow at 5pm?"

Me: "Yes, I am available."

SS: "This will be for $45 then."

Me: "$45? What is it you are asking me to do for $45?"

SS: "It is basically a courier service. Can you do it?"

Me: "So, exactly what are you asking me to do."

SS: "Print and deliver one set of documents for us. No notarizations."

Me: "So, I am just supposed to print one set, drop them off at the borrower's door and leave?"

SS: "No, you'll need to have them sign the papers. It is a refi."

Me: "So, from what I gather I am supposed to print one set of docs, take to borrower, walk them through signing all the docs, no notarization, drop at FedEx. Is this right?"

SS: "Yes."

Me: "I can do it for $___."
(Work-time traffic, print, time with borrowers signing, work-time traffic to FedEx and back to office = 2 - 2.5 hours [does not equal $45.])

SS: "I'll call you back if I can get that approved."

Same job we do all day long but with no notarizations and print one set does not knock off that much money.

This was a good reputable company too!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/17/12 12:25pm
Msg #409244

This is also not a "courier" job...

And a refi with no notarizations? Interesting...

Reply by Karla/OR on 1/17/12 3:55pm
Msg #409267

That was my first thought as well. n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/17/12 12:29pm
Msg #409245

Printing docs and walking borrower through a loan signing does not equal "basically a courier service."! How rude. What "good reputable company" was this???

Anyway, with no notarizations, sounds like a loan mod, not a refi. And at $45, that's $5 more than I was offered recently!

You should have said yes, make borrowers come to you, do a point 'n' sign signing ... and you'd still be losing $$.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/17/12 12:42pm
Msg #409248

Wonder if it's the same call I had this morning for $45 tomorrow at 5 in Sacramento for an application with a guarantee to get the refi, hmmmm?

Sorry, my minimum fee is $XXX. In my experience, applications take just as long as regular signing. Besides, a few years back, I was given that same guarantee on application that paid slightly better and took an hour (borrower was not prepared with required docs) and I never did hear back for refinance signing.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/17/12 12:37pm
Msg #409247

I bet a courier charges more than $45! n/m

Reply by ikando on 1/17/12 2:07pm
Msg #409257

Re: I bet a courier charges more than $45!

Just to take a package from one side of town to another--no printing, no conversation let alone watch signing, and no return to carrier--costs $45 on average here. Add wait time and it's another $30.

Reply by ToniK on 1/17/12 4:09pm
Msg #409271

FEDEX charges $87! or at least that what I was billed!!! n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/17/12 4:47pm
Msg #409275

Toni, what were you billed $87 for??? n/m

Reply by ToniK on 1/18/12 7:43am
Msg #409305

Re: Toni, what were you billed $87 for???

Non loan related but I sent something (documents) via fedex priority overnight and I was billed $87 for it. I didnt think it was that much. But lesson learned....lol next time use USPS. lol

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/17/12 12:51pm
Msg #409249

would've told her to call FedEx...cheaper...lol n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.