Notary Rotary
SandcastlesFS...$15.00 to deliver a letter of default
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by mwm143 on 1/31/12 11:26am
Msg #410360

I ask what kind of letter out of nothing more than curiosity. A letter from a lender regarding their collateral.

It seems incredibly dangerous and potentially liable for these folks to prey on people that are not trained in some sort of law enforcement to deliver letters of default to people who clearly don't want to return phone calls and answer letters!

Gosh I really hope untrained people are not taking these assignments. I suggested they contact the local sherrif's office or a repo company.

Reply by ikando on 1/31/12 11:41am
Msg #410362

After watching Dog, Bounty Hunter, maybe it's work for bail bondsmen, too. Doubt they'd take $15, and I know the local Sheriff charges $25 for service.

Reply by Allen/Mo on 1/31/12 12:15pm
Msg #410365

I have done several of these for Sandcastle, never had a problem with the recipient. Although I would never do one for $15.00, that is ridiculously cheap.

Reply by Sha/CA on 1/31/12 1:24pm
Msg #410372

I have done several of these. There is an exact procedure to follow. I'm happy to have had the experience working with an escrow company where we were doing foreclosures. I've never had a problem with the recipients, only challenging finding some of the properties. One must know how to read legal descriptions. I always charged by time and/or mileage, whichever was the greater, but never $15, even if right next door.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/31/12 2:31pm
Msg #410394

15 bucks won't get my car keys out of my pocket.

They called you because an actual process server is going to cost them a lot more. I have done a few. Some quick and easy, others, not so much. In the old days, you could get a police officer to watch from the street while you served them. Now with budget cuts .... well, "Do you feel lucky?"

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/31/12 3:25pm
Msg #410411

Have done a few of these, very very nearby, but I get $25. Never had a problem with anyone, but still don't much like these. So far/so good...but you just never know~~

Reply by bagger on 1/31/12 4:11pm
Msg #410425

LOL Glenn

When I was first married, I rented a house from a Body and Fender guy with a tow truck.
People would call him at 2 AM cause their car was in a ditch, or stuck in snow.
His first words were $100.00 ( this was in the 60's), when they started to dicker, he would say 2 AM, the keys don't go into the ignition for under 100, good night.
When they would call back, he wouldn't answer!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.