Notary Rotary
Tech problem...
Notary Discussion History

Tech problem...
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 1/24/12 8:00pm
Msg #409772

Tech problem...

I have an HP p1505 printer..It is super fast but also giving us problems..My husband is quite good at fixing issues but he cannot solve the current problem..

I ran out of paper on it the other day and it quit working! He has reinstalled it alone with new drivers and updates but still nothing..So he installed it on his desk and it is running just like a charm..figures..but I want it back!

Does anyone know what is causing the problem and have a solution?? Thanks!

Reply by enotary/va on 1/24/12 8:58pm
Msg #409777

Is it a wireless printer ? If not did you use the same printer cable? I would check it on third computer. If it works on that one I would check your computers ports...

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/24/12 10:42pm
Msg #409804

A lot of times, it's not a software issue. I am not familiar with your printer, but all printers have some sort of paper sensor that stops the printer when the paper runs out. It could be an led or light sensor or a mechanical sensor. The fact that your printer quit working when the paper ran out tells me that your sensor may blocked or stuck somehow to keep it from working. It doesn't take but a sliver of paper or a speck of dirt to bring the whole works to a stop.

Personally, what I do if I can't get a printer going right away after running it dry or having a paper jam, is take it out to the garage and blow it out with compressed air. Fixes it every time. But I realize that most people don't have an auto shop in their garage, so take it and check everywhere the paper goes for a sliver of paper, make the trays are properly inserted and / or closed

Reply by Jodith/WA on 1/26/12 2:20pm
Msg #409936

We keep canned air in the office for just such problems.

My suggestion is the same as one above. Check the printer cable and the port. If it works on one computer and not the other, it's likely one of those issues. If you are networked with the hubby's computer, he can always share the printer from his computer.

Reply by James Powell on 1/25/12 9:15am
Msg #409822

If you ran out of paper during the print job, check the print queue on your computer. It may still have part of the print job in the queue, which will prevent further print jobs from working.

If there aren't any print jobs, then I would look to the cable or ports on the computer.

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/25/12 12:55pm
Msg #409837

Had HP3015 years ago, the roller that feeds the paper would click but not pull the paper. After a million sheets of paper figured it was time for a new one. My current printer is 6 years old and I think it's time for an upgraded printer with more memory.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.