Notary Rotary
To call or not to call
Notary Discussion History

To call or not to call
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by sheltn on 1/14/12 10:29am
Msg #409031

To call or not to call

When you don't get paid, can you contact the title co. lender?
Also on a another subject; TN has Elvis. FED EX and the best BBQ

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/14/12 10:34am
Msg #409032

Your initial follow-up should be with the SS/hiring party

if, after a reasonable amount of time and number of attempts to collect then IMO you can contact title for help. I wouldn't contact lender unless you were hired by the LO - then contact LO - otherwise, Lender is out of it. Also, do NOT contact borrowers - they've paid their tab.

For me, I follow up at the 30 day mark - if they respond to me I'll work with them for up to 30 days - if they still fail to pay, now I send them a letter with a copy to title.

If they do not respond to my initial contact at 30 days, after about 10 days I look to title to help me.

All also depending on the working relationship I have with the company and the agreement made as to when payment will be made. Many companies have clauses that they pay at 45 days. I have one company used to pay at 30, then it went out to 45 - last time I talked to her she told me they're going to start paying at 90 days - for me, that's totally unacceptable.

JMO

Reply by Cheryl Anderson on 1/14/12 2:50pm
Msg #409057

Re: Your initial follow-up should be with the SS/hiring party

OR....with accruing interest and finance charges...since it is basically extending a loan. Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.