Notary Rotary
eNotaries.net
Notary Discussion History

eNotaries.net
Go Back to January, 2012 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 1/11/12 1:26pm
Msg #408743

eNotaries.net

I know I have never signed up with them but today some soft spoken girl called and asked if I was going to be on time to my appt. at 5pm. I said sure, if I have the docs thinking I had forgotten something and starting into a slow panic as I was late for my 2pm and it was printing. (Turns out that was for Thurs - whew!)

So I am checking = nothing for 5pm. She calls back, from another number, quietly asking something about if I am going to do the signing. I tell her I have nothing from them....get to email and find nothing at all. I still am not understanding what company she is with - she has marbles in her mouth or something and won't speak up.....so, I check "spam' and there are several confirmations and full sets of docs....for a signing in Geneva (35+ mi. over 2 lane roads) for $70. Now I know I have never taken that one. This time I confidently reply, "H... no, I'm not going to Geneva for $70."

Beware of those who try to confuse you into doing something and giving stress in the meantime. Egads!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/11/12 1:37pm
Msg #408745

Think this the same company that was e-mailing me

with assignments for inspections for $8 or something like that - 25 miles one way and they send me the property owners' name, address, etc etc...

They sent me a request for a loan signing the other day - same as you, 40 or so miles one way - $70...I didn't even respond, just deleted.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/11/12 1:39pm
Msg #408747

And, btw, I've never signed up with them...in fact

I've gone so far as to tell them to remove me from their database and don't call again

Reply by Riley/FL on 1/11/12 1:45pm
Msg #408751

"H... no, I'm not going to Geneva for $70."

I just looked in my spam folder Smile. Even if I knew where it was, I'm not going to Geneva for 70 bucks either!
I think they use the coffee site.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/11/12 1:54pm
Msg #408752

Re: "H... no, I'm not going to Geneva for $70."

The do use coffee site. But to act like I know something.....chutzpah! Stupidity for sending those docs to me....privacy issues?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.