Notary Rotary
Affinity Title, $5.3 Million stolen
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Larry/IL on 11/18/13 7:50am
Msg #493130

Owner pleads guilty, gets 10 years and has to pay a $10K fine. I know he probably will never spend the entire 10 years in prison, but shouldn't the fine at least cover the cost of his stay, instead of having the tax payers pay for it? After all he did steal $5.3 Million, wouldn't you think there are some properties or autos that could be sold?

http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases13/pr20131031b.html

Reply by Les_CO on 11/18/13 9:18am
Msg #493133

I wonder if he had a Criminal Background Check or E&O and Business Liability Insurance? As I’ve said before just because a company has “title Insurance” in their name doesn’t mean they are honest.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 11/18/13 10:05am
Msg #493135

Pfffffttttttt. None of that matters. Don't you know fraud and illegal activities HAVE to occur at the last link in the chain while things are being done at the table? [I wonder if that defense was offered? "I didn't do it. You can't prove anything! It was the one-armed notary who signed the documents. If it wasn't her, it was the one on the grassy knoll...] NaNa

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.