Notary Rotary
Aging Borrowing Population
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 11/22/13 8:56am
Msg #493661

I began my day yesterday signing a refi for NY home with an 83 year old retired gynecologist who delivered my nephew in 1985. Awesome gentleman. He now travels to Africa three times a year to train nomad tribal women on mid wife skills. There was a very high mortality rate among these new mothers to be and their infants due to disease and famine, and his foundation built a clinic in the desert where women come to deliver their babies. There is no electricity, solar power was introduced. They now have wells for water and ways to sterilize. Hand washing was introduced. I was completely mesmerized at his excitement over the milestones they have achieved in this desolate land. When I was ready to leave, the Dr. said he was so excited to be able to make a contribution to humanity, and that he figured if he was going to live this long, he needed to be giving back to the world.

My last signing of the evening was with three 85 plus borrowers. One a retired judge, the other a retired architect who designed and built practically everything in Solvang Village and his wife. It's amazing the energy of these folks and what they are still doing.

In the middle, I had quite a few youngsters (50s-60s) signing their loan documents, mostly refis. It was a relatively smooth day. LOs trying to get stuff closed before Thanksgiving holiday.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/22/13 7:33pm
Msg #493768

My cool experience last night...

How special to be able to meet someone like that who has had such a positive impact on this world. It's a great reminder of how one person CAN make a difference! Great story!

I had a cool (but very different) experience last night, too. As I was getting my notary gear out of the car to walk into my appointment, I heard the bells from the very old Mission at San Juan Capistrano tolling the hour in the background, just down the street. I don't know if they have something special going on for the holiday season or if I've just never been that close to the Mission at signing time before, but it was so beautiful, I had to stop and listen.

That's a moment I will add to my list of times to remember from my notary career! Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.