Notary Rotary
Alert: Accurate National Signings Criminal Proceedings
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 11/18/13 6:07pm
Msg #493190

I just want to update my fellow notaries on the latest news regarding Jason & Amanda Kirkish and Accurate National Signings. It has been brought to my attention today that they have filed bankruptcy, obviously trying to beat the legal system and avoid paying notaries for their work doing signings for this now defunct company.

I want all notaries to be aware of the fact that the Riverside County California District Attorney's office is continuing in their investigation of these people and any notary that is owed money by them needs to contact the County Attorney's office and file the necessary paperwork.

It has also been brought to my attention that just because Jason & Amanda have filed bankruptcy, it does not mean that they will succeed in receiving a discharge. The judge is the one that will make that decision based on the information that is given to them. If it appears that Jason & Amanda purposely did not pay notaries for their services, and spent the money on lavish trips, breast augmentation surgery, etc., there will be no discharge and the debts and judgments will remain.

If you or anyone you know is owed money by this company, please contact the Riverside California County Attorney's office at 951-955-5400.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/18/13 6:13pm
Msg #493191

Do you mean to say, that after throwing $X000s at this attorney in Temecula CA to represent them, they may not be able to finalize BK proceedings and have to pay notaries after all?

Well, it looks to me like Jason Kirkish makes enough money to pay the notaries what they are owed. After all, he was one of the four owners of ANS. What about the Mendoza's, what are they going to get to pay...

Wow...if I were one of the BofA borrowers whose information was sent to Amanda Kirkish, I'd want a whole lot more money than any of the notaries, because she could defraud these borrowers any ole time she takes a hankering, needs money for more beautification, augmentation, etc.

I think this is absolutely the worst case of Signing Service Company fraud I've ever seen in my experience.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 11/18/13 6:21pm
Msg #493193

This is very true. Anyone they put on their list of creditors (there are thousands) you will get a letter from the court notifying you of the filing. Do not just ignore this and write it off. This is just a notice that they've filed. They have a 341 hearing (meeting of creditors) on December 19th. If you can't attend that meeting, then be sure you get your claim in to the court/trustee before then.

Even if they owe you money and you don't get a notice from the court... be sure to send a letter/claim with invoices/etc. proving your claim.

You file what is known as a PROOF OF CLAIM.

See for information: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-proof-claim-bankruptcy.html

Even with this, though... still file your complaints with the DA as Pegi noted above. These are entirely two separate issues. PLUS... if the DA pursues anything and they are convicted of doing something illegal... as a general rule, those can never be discharged in a bankruptcy. If there are pending criminal or legal issues, the bankruptcy judge may even hold off on the case until criminal and legal issues are resolved first.

Either way, if you are owed money, be sure to do BOTH.

You guys should know that now that they have filed, federal law prohibits you from contacting the Kirkishes for payment. You need to contact their attorney, Karen Lockhart, or send information about your claim to the trustee. Also, in case you don't know, their initial BK petition listed TONS of "contractors" that they owe, but the amount listed is "unknown" for just about all of them -- so if you get a letter from the court regarding the BK filing, do NOT ignore it. Respond to the trustee with copies of your invoices and fee agreements to the amount owed can be revised. Submit those claim forms... they are really important. You may never see the money, but submitting the claim is important.

I have a copy of the petition, including the list of all the notaries they listed. The petition is nearly 1000 pages long!

The 341 hearing (where the Kirkishes MUST be there) and where creditors can show up:

12/19/2013 at 09:00 AM at RM 103
3801 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92501

Trustee information assigned to their case:

Case: 6:13-bk-28607-MW
Jason Lee Kirkish and Amanda Marie Kirkish
Chapter 7, Filed 11/14/2013

Trustee: Karl T Anderson (TR)
City: Palm Springs
Phone: (760) 778-4889
Email: [e-mail address]

Trustee: United States Trustee (RS)
City: Riverside Phone: (951) 276-6990
Fax: (951) 276-6973

And the attorney representing the Kirkishes:

Atty: Karen E Lockhart
Phone: 951-698-5191
Fax: 951-698-5192

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.