Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anthony J Negrete ( I still do closings )
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Negrete on 11/14/13 2:33pm
Msg #492739

As some of you may or may not know, I am not just a SS in the industry.

If you ask some of the people that live here in OHIO, I still go out and do closings for our company.

Anthony J Negrete

Reply by 101livescan on 11/14/13 3:55pm
Msg #492782

Tony, can you illustrate for all of us how your representation will benefit all loan signing agents in this group organization?

How will you advocate for us?

What will you advocate for us?

How about fees? What will your position be when our fees begin to be diminished, and we are further diminished as business owners by becoming contract employees under the thumb of a major for profit corporation.

And the script, this cannot be. I've never heard of such absurdity. I start out my signing with ID'ing the client, and obtaining a copy of their DL/photo ID if requested by the lender. My first documents in the stack are the Note, TIL, First payment letter, HUD, RTC, NOT THE BORROWERS AUTHORIZATION /CERTIFICATION FORM. I got my presentation training from a Rock Star Escrow officer 13 years ago, and I haven't waivered from it. Without fail, my signers always comment, "well that was the smoothest, easiest signing we've ever done. Thanks for making it so well understood."

Now I'm supposed to UNLEARN this technique? I don't think so.

Clearly whoever made up this script has never performed a loan signing.

I have a zillion questions for you! But I'm out the door now for a couple of assignments.

Later! I'm dying to know how your advocacy can make this entire mess disappear! Can't wait to hear about your proposal.

Reply by Negrete on 11/14/13 4:50pm
Msg #492794

Q ) How will you advocate for us?

A ) I will let the SPW know that without the notaries this part of the closing will not and can not get done.

Q ) What will you advocate for us?

A ) Better pay from all parties and better screening of the SSs that they have find NSAs for them. BCGs on all SSs agencies owners and employees. More than one company to do the background checks, continuing education classes.

Q ) Script interpretation

A ) I must say that I do my closings a little different than you do. ( I start with the HUD Statement first and follow you from there)

Q ) I'm dying to know how your advocacy can make this entire mess disappear!

A ) I do not think this mess will ever disappear. I don't claim to be the one person that can stop this, I just want to let the large lenders and title companies know that they need a well trained and knowledgeable NSA and it is not the NNA that can be the only one to provide this for them, that there clearly needs to be choices for the NSAs.

I hope that I have explained myself and that you understand that I DO advocate for the notary industry, because I know that WITHOUT them I can not run my SS as well as I do.

Anthony J Negrete

Reply by Tom/NH on 11/14/13 8:06pm
Msg #492824

Thank you Tony!
-Sue
NH Mobile Notaries

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 11/14/13 9:23pm
Msg #492828

I can vouch for Tony that Yes he does work as an NSA! He does fight and advocate for us..He has done it for me personally!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.