Notary Rotary
BGC question, please.
Notary Discussion History

BGC question, please.
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Matt_VA on 11/14/13 2:17pm
Msg #492730

BGC question, please.

Is the NNA saying that Backgrounds Online will hold my complete BGC, the whole report, and then when a TC or even a SS request it to comply (get work), I will release the complete (all my information) BGC to each company? This as opposed to releasing a certification that I comply with the industry BGC standards? I would greatly appreciate clarification from anyone and PLEASE try not to ridicule my ignorance. Thanks in advance.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/14/13 3:22pm
Msg #492767

If you sign that release form for FNF they can give your

info to anyone (all of it). I'm not granting anyone that ability. I've only ever provided the "certificate". Try to keep in mind that these reports contain a lot of personal info.

Reply by Matt_VA on 11/14/13 3:27pm
Msg #492771

Re: If you sign that release form for FNF they can give your

Thanks MW/VA. And won't we be giving the entire report to any client that demands it to perform their work?

Reply by MW/VA on 11/14/13 3:32pm
Msg #492773

I'm not buying into all this hype, Matt. All those blitz

emails from marginal ss insisted on particular bgc's and the release form from FNF. If you read that release form you'll understand why I'd never sign that.
How many actual clients have asked for your entire report? We are not criminals.

Reply by John/CT on 11/14/13 4:03pm
Msg #492785

Re: Release of BGC non-public personal information (NPPI)

I spoke yesterday with Kat Garcia and Steven Bastian (NNA Director of Product Management) on this subject. Their response: They "would only request (NPPI) from our vendor in order to comply with a legitimate audit or investigation." When I asked for a clarification of an "audit", they confirmed an entity cannot just come in and ask for anyone's NPPI under the guise of it's part of an audit. A "legitimate audit" would be part of an information audit trail conducted by a CPA firm (i.e., Price Waterhouse, etc.). Likewise, an "investigation" would be something backed up by a court order. They also offered to answer additional questions by calling Steven at 818-729-4036.

I was comfortable with the foregoing, and hope this has been helpful.

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/14/13 4:59pm
Msg #492795

There are 2 Release forms from FNF in circulation

I had a huge problem with the first one and e-m FNF about it. Took a week and a trip thru their legal dept., but I did receive a 2nd slightly less broad release form. (Which I will be happy to e-m anyone who wants it--contact via PM. Don't feel comfortable publicly posting it.)
If what was stated in thread above and I believe someone posted something similar is, in fact, true, THEN WHY DOESN'T FNF SIMPLY STATE THE 'REASON' A COMPLETE BGC CAN BE PULLED and also limit the wording in the release to those circumstances???
Essentially, I want the circumstances stated on the Release as to when my NPPI can be released.
They can claim anything they want, but the Release remains as printed and signed. Basically NNA is not a party to this Release and I'm really not interested in their opinion. To FNF, I say "Say what you mean and mean what you say." And, why are there 2 Releases in circulation?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/15/13 1:04am
Msg #492854

Re: There are 2 Release forms from FNF in circulation

Personally, I think the modifications in the 2nd version amounted to little more than window dressing, with one exception. The only material difference I recall is that they did exclude customers from those who could request copies of whatever info we have "provided or caused to be provided" to them. That IS significant, but it's still a very long way from protecting our non-public personal information, imo.

I don't have a copy of the 2nd version in front of me, but I believe it still contained all-inclusive language, something like "not limited to..." when describing what info could be disclosed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.