CAUTION: ValuAmerica = ValuEscrow => same horse, different
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Christine/OK on 11/14/13 6:31am
Msg #492640

color

Over a week ago sent a note to XYZ asking why ValuAmerica was being advocated thru the NNA bulletins to NSAs when that company has a history of nonpayment. At that time I submitted with my query a screen shot of the No Pay status reviews from SC.

To date, no reply at all to my query.

This morning another XYZ bulletin arrives and XYZ is advocating for NSAs to accept signings from ValuEscrow.

You will find that Robert W. Murphy is the President of ValuEscrow AS WELL AS President & CEO of ValuAmerica.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Santa-Ana/robert-w-murphy/139391470.aspx

http://www.manta.com/c/mm587sf/valuamerica-inc

So, since notary signing agents will not accept No Paying signings from ValuAmerica due to nonpayment, Robert W. Murphy opens a new business with the same operating principles?

My query today asked if XYZ performs vetting prior to publishing bulletins advocating for our businesses to extend credit.

I will post if/when a response is received.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/14/13 7:06am
Msg #492642

Great Post! A MUST READ. n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 11/14/13 8:01am
Msg #492647

Way to go girlfriend! Caught red handed. Valuamerica enabled Amanda and Jason Kirkish and the Mendoza's to run off with $30K+ of notaries' fees for work they performed through ANS on Valuamerica's clients' behalf and squandered hither and thither.

With all this talk about stricter rules for 3rd party contractors, do you think it was aimed at these title companies that sub out the work to the signing companies ? Wonder if this so called NNA/SPW group was started to get the spotlight off of the title companies, who were not doing their job about being compliant with this 3rd party issue. It still doesn't make sense for the NNA to stir up all this trouble, when the real trouble is the signing services.....Again if the consumer knew about these signings services, and who the middle man was, they would be absolutely furious. Who would be in trouble? The title companies would be liable.

It's all very perplexing. As recently as July 11, 2013, ANS was ripping off notaries for fees they knew they couldn't pay because Valuamerica ceased sending them orders, no more money to pay notaries for work they'd performed to date, because future orders stopped on a dime.

The Riverside County DA's office has contacted each and every one of the notaries who filed a claim and findings are about to be published. I wonder if it was worth all this to bring on so many problems for the perpetrators of this Valuamerica/ANS scam.

Reply by Negrete on 11/14/13 8:09am
Msg #492648

Re: CAUTION/ when the real trouble is the Sign Services

I would like to add one thing about some GOOD SSs out there.

We are not all bad, and there are a few good ones of us left.

I have a question for all that chat on this board. Would you support me if I joined the SPW as an advocate for the NSA ?

Anthony J Negrete

Reply by 101livescan on 11/14/13 8:20am
Msg #492651

Yes, Tony, we forget not to lump all you good guys in with all the bad guys. We need to acknowledge those of you who've rendered great service and paid notaries honorably.

I think we're all still examining that huge meteorite that landed on our front lawn and try to figure out what to do with it.

Right now, there are still a lot of questions!

Reply by Esther Korn on 11/14/13 8:39am
Msg #492654

Hi Tony, maybe you can voice our concerns to SPW since we can't and they don't seem so interested in what we have to say.
You have always been decent and fair with us. Thanks!

Reply by Pamela/CA on 11/14/13 12:04pm
Msg #492706

Re: I do NOT want a SS representing me....

Sorry....but Negrete may be a good SS...(I worked a few jobs for them long ago) but it is still a Signing Service.... that industry as a whole is problematic.... We want representation by a well respected group of EXPERIENCED Signing Agents.... not part-timers, but folks who are out there at 7am and 10pm doing a Closing and not gripping about it... I think if we can interest at least 3 or 5 such people to represent the membership of Notary Rotary (I am a paid member) to NNA (I am a paid member) and that other group SPW that we know very little about - But I cannot allow a Signing Service to speak for me.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/14/13 1:18pm
Msg #492725

You got that right, Cheryl! n/m

Reply by David Norcia on 11/14/13 10:24am
Msg #492688

Yes

Reply by MW/VA on 11/14/13 9:51am
Msg #492679

Good work! ;-) n/m

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/14/13 11:51am
Msg #492702

Re: Very good work Christine - thanks n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.