Notary Rotary
Chase and Notary form
Notary Discussion History

Chase and Notary form
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Tim Cameron on 11/11/13 12:26pm
Msg #492266

Chase and Notary form

Got a courtesy call from SL today about a closing I did for them and Chase...seems I didn't put in the type of ID used to confirm purchaser on the Notarial evidence form. SL to their credit, called me and told me that Chase may begin not paying Notaries that do not fill out the form correctly.....I promised to take note and make sure entries are filled in, and let SL know that if Chase withholds payment from me for a perfectly done deal that closes with no hitches other than a "missed line" on a notarial form I will fire Chase before they even have a chance to "fire"me.........that has to be the most asinine corporate policy I have ever heard of....Maybe they should pay double fees when they screw something of no real consequence up

Reply by ME/NJ on 11/11/13 1:07pm
Msg #492271

Can do you one better.

Got notice last Friday, I got dinged because I did not cross out available lines with N/A. REALLY..

Reply by Alz on 11/11/13 1:38pm
Msg #492272

Re: Can do you one better. Here is another one.

I got a defect because the form I submitted was lost by someone at the TC's office when documents were reordered and scanned. Of course this was not acknowledged, so I will modify my processes again, so that this type issue does not happen to me.

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/11/13 3:05pm
Msg #492281

I'm sure there would be legal ramifications for not paying you for this. If the loan doesn't have to be re-signed and funds and they withheld payment, this could be a court case in your favor. I'm not an attorney; but, I would be willing to bet that if they started getting sued for this, the practice would stop immediately.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 11/11/13 8:02pm
Msg #492312

I got dinged too..because I used the wrong type of Fed Ex pack from FASS..How about kudos for doing the singing error free? No a quality issue for the wrong envelope!!

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/11/13 9:01pm
Msg #492323

Claudine--fass sent out the instruction email in June &

July, but I started w/them in Aug. Soooo, when I called customer svc to request directions to the instruction I had disregarded "Not to use paper envelopes" , she immediately offered to cancel that one. No "paper" envelopes, OK, got it. The courtesy call from SLink is good; I'm w/you on getting dinged for miniscule stuff that involves completing information on forms for the lender's convenience. Our fees don't leave much room for dings because we did not correctly complete part of the package!

Reply by Notary On The Go on 11/11/13 10:06pm
Msg #492333

very clear to see that nothing in the SPW will benefit the

notary. Why is it our job to do theirs. They know how many borrowers there are. If they want N/A, type it ding wits.

Reply by Tim Cameron on 11/11/13 10:23pm
Msg #492336

Re: very clear to see that nothing in the SPW will benefit the

exactly, Just like us having to fill out or verify the dates on the RTC are correct....really? escrow that is making 7 or 8 times what I make can't get that right??????

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/11/13 10:58pm
Msg #492339

Re: very clear to see that nothing in the SPW will benefit the

Maybe you could start keeping track of their errors and offer them a trade-in... You could probably even give two-to-one, your mistakes to theirs, and still come out ahead. Wink

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/11/13 11:02pm
Msg #492340

I tried that. It didn't work :) n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 11/12/13 8:25am
Msg #492358

Chase is the only lender that requires this notarial evidence form. Perhaps it is part and parcel of their QM compliance requirements?

Reply by barkaroni on 11/12/13 9:16am
Msg #492367

FASS requires notarial evidence form for all their loans.

Reply by LaTonja Al-Hedaithy on 11/12/13 9:18am
Msg #492368

Mortgage Connect solved the problem of making sure that form is filled out correctly. They sent us a sample form to make sure we understand exactly what needs to go there and then they QC the doc before we return it.
This way Chase is never unhappy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.