Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does anyone want to interpret this FNF response?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 11/29/13 5:25pm
Msg #494428

Barbato, Paul ([e-mail address])Add to contacts 4:02 PM Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To:
Cc:

this in response to your inquiry submitted to FNF on its web portal. FNF has various title insurance and settlement service operations each of which contract with independent notaries. If you are already on an approved notary list of one of the FNF settlement service operations you should contact the vendor manager of that particular operation (the office you signed up with) to receive specific information about the notary approval requirements applicable to that state or that operation.

As you may know, the Notary Rotary organization is not affiliated with FNF and the Signing Profession Workgroup (SPW) that you referenced is an initiative of the National Notary Association which is not affiliated with FNF either.

Paul Barbato

Senior Counsel

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 11/29/13 7:13pm
Msg #494434

*cough*

I almost spit out my water when I read this part:

"...the Signing Profession Workgroup (SPW) that you referenced is an initiative of the National Notary Association which is not affiliated with FNF either."

Then, why I wonder is FNF listed as one of the members of the group?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/29/13 7:42pm
Msg #494435

Stay Tuned, I've requested Clarification from Paul n/m

Reply by leeinla on 11/29/13 10:44pm
Msg #494440

Thanks Carol for all your hard work. n/m

Reply by MikeC/TX on 11/29/13 11:34pm
Msg #494442

Re: *cough*

"Then, why I wonder is FNF listed as one of the members of the group?"

I think what he's trying to say is that FNF is not affiliated with the NNA. It's just a badly constructed sentence...

Reply by CJ on 11/30/13 1:34am
Msg #494446

. . . a badly constructed sentence written by the "Senior Counsel".

Reply by BrotherOwner on 11/30/13 9:57am
Msg #494469

Re: and "WORDS" have meanings

hope someone will add this to the accumulating data pile of info. (AKA SPeW pile)

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/30/13 10:03am
Msg #494472

NNA SPW

Personally I will use NNA and SPW so that when googled this all comes up. And my file is overflowing.

Reply by MAC/WA on 11/30/13 11:11am
Msg #494487

LOL:He's merely repeating what he said in his original email

response to [e-mail address]:

"...the Signing Profession Workgroup (SPW) that you referenced is an initiative of the National Notary Association which is not affiliated with FNF either. "

I think he is saying, "...the SPW...is an initiative of the National Notary Association..."

Reply by MAC/WA on 11/30/13 2:48pm
Msg #494517

Mea culpa: that IS the original reply to NSA question to FNF

not a duplicate.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 12/1/13 8:17pm
Msg #494621

Sometimes a missing comma can change the whole meaning of a sentence. Should he know better as "senior counsel"? Absolutely. Maybe he needs someone better to edit his work...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.