Notary Rotary
Executive Notary Service
Notary Discussion History

Executive Notary Service
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 11/25/13 1:14pm
Msg #494010

Executive Notary Service

I just received a call inquiring why I did not show up at a signing this morning at 11am for this SS's client/borrower.

My reply was that I turned this back in a reply email to the scheduler minutes after I read the order confirmation because the fee fell far short of my minimum fee for edocs and total package faxbacks, or $100, which was not disclosed in the scheduler's delivery to me at the time she called me.

So now I get why I receive last minute requests to perform signings in my area. Other notaries don't show up for one reason or another at the last minute, and that borrower is PI$$ED.

Oh, well. I did not part. The scheduler dropped the ball.

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/25/13 2:19pm
Msg #494020

Do you think they'll EVER learn to tell it like it is? n/m

Reply by Executive Notary Services, LLC on 11/25/13 5:01pm
Msg #494033

Just wanted to clarify some things for the original poster and for everyone seeing this thread after the fact.

Beginning with the fee: the break down for this closing is very simple, $100 for faxing back of 22 total pages (that's ALL that you were required to print as well, as this was a seller package). Also, the mileage to the closing was around 5 miles (according to zip codes). We do not pay extra for Edocs, as almost ALL of our closings require that the notary print the documents before the closing. However, we also do not discount a closing if the notary does NOT have to print documents beforehand. We always pay a trip fee if you were to drive to the closing and the closing didn't happen, or a print fee if for instance, you printed the documents and then the closing was cancelled before you had to travel. We definitely understand that some notaries charge higher fees than others, and that is completely fine with our office. The title companies only pay us a certain fee for most closings. This limits how much we are able to pay our notaries.

Unfortunately, after the entire staff searched our emails and checking our voice mails, we did not find an email or a voice mail letting us know that you were not able to complete the closing. We only received one email from you saying "sorry, phones were ringing off the hook" so we understand that life gets busy and sometimes follow up emails or phone calls get forgotten. This is why it is imperative to us that a response is given to every notary when there is a cancellation of a closing. We don't want to waste anyone's time, the notary's, the borrowers, or our own!

We hope this answers any questions you might have had regarding this closing situation. Please feel free to reach out to us if there are additional questions or comments you have. We always appreciate the opportunity to first correct our mistakes or miscommunications, as well as the chance to speak with our notaries!

Lindsay Brown
Notary Scheduler for Tamara Cruz
Executive Notary Services LLC

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/25/13 5:34pm
Msg #494040

Still think I'm seeing not enough communication of the job

22 pages (don't forget x2)/5 miles/faxback same 22 pages = $100. I'd be just OK with that--not a dime less, tho'. And--just wondering--zip to zip is NOT actual mileage, door to door.

The thing is, was above communicated accurately and completely OR was it just "Edocs/Seller pkg. -$100"? Then when the Order comes in and suddenly it's 'faxback complete package'...with no indication or clarification of the package size?

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/25/13 7:38pm
Msg #494061

If you are paying 100 n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/25/13 7:38pm
Msg #494062

Stupid I n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/25/13 7:39pm
Msg #494063

Sign me up Tamara !!! I'll take that fee. n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 11/25/13 8:48pm
Msg #494075

To: Lindsay Brown - Executive Notary Service LLC

<<<We do not pay extra for Edocs, as almost ALL of our closings require that the notary print the documents before the closing.>>>

Ummm, the notary uses his/her paper, toner, electricity, and wear & tear on equipment - that's not free, therefore, why should should edocs be free? Also, I agree with Lee/AR: zip to zip distances do NOT mean door to door. The distance from notary to borrower may NOT be a straight line.

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/25/13 11:28pm
Msg #494083

Whoa! Re: To: Lindsay Brown - Executive Notary Service LLC

Lindsay didn't say edocs should be free, just that we should always add edocs when quoting. She did say they don't pay less when, rarely, there is no printing. I still stand by my zip to zip isn't mileage and that IF a job is accurately detailed these miscommunications should be minimized.

Reply by LKT/CA on 11/25/13 11:52pm
Msg #494084

Re: Whoa! Re: To: Lindsay Brown - Executive Notary Service LLC

What's the "Whoa!" for? I agreed with your mileage statement. Whether you quote a fee inclusive of edocs ($125) or base fee + print ($100 + $25), I get that...but that's not what she wrote.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/25/13 5:17pm
Msg #494035

I guess my first questions here are

1. Truly only 22 pages? So only 22 pages to fax back?

2. Cheryl, what did you do when you were emailed the documents for the signing that you say you turned back minutes after reading the confirmation, but the company thought was still on your schedule?

3. Your minimum fee for 22 pages of edocs and faxbacks is over $100? Wow. Lucky you guys in CA..

JMHO

Reply by 101livescan on 11/25/13 5:25pm
Msg #494037

Re: I guess my first questions here are

No docs were sent to me by 7am PST, so I was pretty sure when I got up this morning that this had been assigned to another notary since I did respond to Lindsay via email that I would not be taking this order.

Sellers package? 22 pages, no I was not told that.

A complete misunderstanding and miscommunication, I would say. Lindsay did not say it was a sellers' package, or I would not have turned it back.

My public and sincerest apologies to Tamara Cruz. It is not my style to critique 4 star companies.

Reply by phenom/CA on 11/26/13 1:28pm
Msg #494151

I would go to hell and back for Tamara and her crew. he is my GIRL! This is a stand up company. I take her fees all day long. xoxo

Reply by phenom/CA on 11/26/13 1:29pm
Msg #494152

my typo...She is my GIRL

Reply by Rick Ary on 11/26/13 4:25pm
Msg #494171

I agree this is a class SS. The Notary was at fault here as ENS has no record of an e-mail or call of cancellation.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.