Notary Rotary
For Texas Notaries
Notary Discussion History

For Texas Notaries
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 11/4/13 7:41pm
Msg #491259

For Texas Notaries

I have a question . Someone just told me this.

In Texas helocs must be closed in an attorney,title office or lenders office. Why is this? What else does that apply to.

I am not moving to Texas just heard this and am curious.

Thanks

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/5/13 1:16am
Msg #491304

Not TX, but from what I've read here and there

TX reasoning on this seems to be to protect homeowners and be sure they realize they are taking equity from what is generally recognized as most people's largest lifetime investment...their home.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 11/5/13 11:36am
Msg #491382

That and similar BS lines are what was used to pass that

law, but that is not the truth. The truth is that many of the state representatives in Texas are either lawyers or have very strong ties to law firms (i.e. family members, partnerships, etc.). It is a law passed just for the benefit of attorneys and TCs to have an additional stream of revenue, nothing more.

It is just another way for attorneys to charge for the use of a room in their offices. In the past, I have had several signings in various attorneys offices and have never had a single attorney ever show up or introduce themselves to the signers. I did have one pop in during the singing to make sure that I had paid for the room rental.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.