Notary Rotary
Getting Work
Notary Discussion History

Getting Work
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 11/20/13 1:38pm
Msg #493433

Getting Work

I would like to hear what other notaries are doing to get signings. I have had two this month

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 11/20/13 1:50pm
Msg #493435

I am working on my Plan B.

I firmly believe that I shouldn't beat a dead horse. Anybody who wants/needs more money should not put all their eggs in one basket. In my opinion, this business may recover slightly, but never to the heights that it once was. I heard on the radio this morning that mortgage apps are down due to the interest rates. Fewer people are able to qualify.

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/20/13 6:59pm
Msg #493470

Re: I agree with not beating any horse

I just wish I had another one to ride. IMO the loan signing business is going to be very slow for a long time.

Reply by MikeC/KY on 11/20/13 1:51pm
Msg #493436

I had a closing cancel today due to the storms/tornadoes on Sunday here. The lender has postponed it pending a drive by appraisal to make sure house isn't damaged. I am offering my services to do drive by's for lenders/tc's. I will, for a small fee, gladly drive by a home, take pictures of the outside, front/back, etc. and email them to the lender. I have done this before to prove that contractor work was completed. It is pretty simple and doesn't take too much time to do. I figure it is an extra way to make a few dollars right now being that the market is pretty stagnant.

Reply by NC_Closer on 11/20/13 8:06pm
Msg #493488

Recent report states 2014 refis will be at a 15 year low. n/m

Reply by Eva75Eva on 11/21/13 1:59pm
Msg #493575

Business appears to be in a freefall. Trying to figure out a plan B as we speak.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.