Notary Rotary
Hi! We have a signing in your area!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Serina/VT on 11/19/13 9:22am
Msg #493225

I was bored yesterday so decided to play with this clueless scheduler.

Phone rings, I answer, he says we have a signing in your area tomorrow at 5pm are you available?

Me: Ok whats the address?
Them: I just have a zip code. (gives zip code)
Me: OK, that could be in that town or one of the surrounding towns with no zip, I can't quote a price if I don't have an actual address.
Them: OK, can you do this for us?
Me: I need an address first, but how big is the package?
Them: Its a refi
Me: But how many pages?
Them: Oh I don't know that I don't have the package yet.
Me: Ok, are there any faxbacks?
Them: Most notaries are faxing back 50 pages.
Me: Excuse me I must have misunderstood you, did you say 50 pages!?!
Them: yes.
Me: Thanks anyways, I think I will pass.

Seriously, who in their right mind takes these jobs?

Reply by MW/VA on 11/19/13 9:26am
Msg #493227

"Most notaries are faxing ack 50 pages". Yeah, right! Too

bad many of these schedulers are clueless & not in a position to negotiate.
How about XYZ standards for schedulers??? ;-) LOL

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/19/13 11:53am
Msg #493257

Re: Unfortunately some will say

"no fax backs" and the instructions clearly call for 35+/- pages of fax backs. Many of the zip codes around here can be in town or up in the mountains - makes a big difference in driving time even though the mileage may not be too much more due to two lane mountain roads (don't like to do them at night especially when it is raining).

Reply by bfd110_IN on 11/19/13 4:50pm
Msg #493296

I got the global email for a signing on Veterans Day

Signing was 45 miles one way. Now knowing banks and some title companies are closed, if there would have been headaches, it would have been hard to get answers. Plus fax backs..Package was supposedly 110 to 120 pages. Obviously my fee of XXX was too high cause I never heard anything.

I think I am going to start sending a LOOOOOW ball fee just for the heck of it and if I get it apologize and say that time has now been booked at a higher fee.. Granted it isnt nice but some of these companies i.e. Global send out emails for a bidding war or price fees that are unreal (65 for 100 page with faxbacks).

Thank God for my regulars that value quality of work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.